maxi double flap

HermesLuv

O.G.
Sep 9, 2010
I've been contemplating get the new maxi with the double flap but wanted to get some insight from fellow TPFers who have seen them.

does the double flap add too much more weight?

is there much less room in it because of the extra flap?

^ l actually think the structure for me out weighs the room/ weight issue for sure! Im actually waiting to receive mine as i have rejected a few single flaps in order to get the double flap...

I actually didn't know if I would like the double flap either, and while I have yet to see the Maxi, I can actually see the argument in both sides. I actually like the double flap and the extra compartments on the inside, because I mean for me part of my love affair with Chanel is in part due to the stories behind all the pockets in the m/l but I find that one too small for me so now I kind of feel like Jumbo and Maxi have the same story you know?

i'm confused about the structure issue because i dont own a maxi, so what structure problems do people encounter?

i have jumbos but they pretty much are all structured.

I just got the grey single flap maxi and I like it because it's *less* structured, a tiny bit soft and floppy (mind you, this is all relative, it's still a Chanel flap, after all). Might also have something to do with the leather - the 10A grey caviar (which I have in the maxi) is much shinier and softer than the black caviar on my jumbo (also a single flap, bought in October). I'm glad I got a floppy single flap maxi, so when the double flaps are out in full force I can get one and not feel guilty for buying the "same" bag twice! :biggrin: