Maxi Chanel Bag

I pored over (and photographed) a lucious, light green MAXI bag in Neiman Marcus yesterday.
The front flap was most of the way down the front of the bag, with the clasp only about an inch from the bottoms front. Also the bottom edge of the flap was quite curved.
I am seeing so many photos of Maxi bag, including these, where the flap only goes about 1/3 or 1/2 way down the front of the bag... and bottom edge of flap nearly straight.
I have to think that the NM bag was authentic. Do you think the bags where the flap does NOT go most of the way over the front of the bag are copies? Surely Chanel doesn't make them different, right?
Thanks a lot for any/all info! (Chanel Newbie)

It's the default title that goes under a user's name when they're banned. Say sofa king fast.....;)
I have to laugh at this! I was trying to explain to a friend (at work) what this meant, so finally I said "just say it out loud really fast." Mind you, we work in cubicles.
So he was saying it over and over, getting louder and louder, and everyone could hear! But it took him a long time to realize what he was saying.