Matzoh Brei?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Anyone make it? I have been making them tons-what is your recipe for one?

2. I make it like I do french toast but can never decide whether to top it off with syrup, jelly or powdered sugar.

3. yum! the only passover food i actually like! my parent's recipe is just matzoh soaked in ice water, drained and mixed with eggs, then fried (or more like scrambled). I like topping it with salt and sugar :tup:

4. Yum!!! ^^^ Thats the way my mom does it, i like it with syrup

5. Yep. You can also add a little cinnamon if you want.

6. Fabulous, isn't it???? :nuts:

Actually my MIL likes to make the matzah kuegel......God I'm hungry.....

7. i love it with syrup too!!

8. I always take advantage of the bargains on matzoh just prior to Pesach, as we eat a lot of matzoh brei throughout the year!

First, I put a little butter in a fry pan and carmelize some red onions. I soak the matzoh in hot water, then lay it on a towel. I beat up twice as many eggs as sheets of matzoh. I crumble the matzoh into the eggs and let the matzoh soak up the eggs. Then I put in the carmelized onions and pour the whole mixture into the frying pan.

My DF loves it when I make matzoh brei! :yes: