Home & Garden Mattress and box spring or Platform bed?

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
I'm thinking about trading in my traditional style mattress and box spring and getting a platform bed. I really love the way they look so sleek with clean lines. The only thing is I'm worried they might be too low. Has anyone switched from a regular or tall box spring and mattress set to a platform bed and did you get used to it or did you find it weird to sleep so low to the ground?

Box spring and matress...you can flip them easier and they aren't so close to the floor. The older you get the harder it is to crawl out of them...

i have a mattress & low profile box spring so the box spring sits all the way inside my bed frame, which I like a lot! Gives it more of a sleek platform-esque look without actually being a platform bed . . . the low platform beds make me really uncomfortable, I don't like sleeping so close to the ground! My ex had one and I never felt like I got a good night's sleep at his place

found a picture (^(oo)^)

attachment.php

My bed frame has slats so I just have a mattress - but I picked a frame that sits high enough and my mattress is really tall (firm pillowtop) so I do still have to climb into bed. One of my dogs can't even jump onto it because it's too high.

I love the look of platform beds but higher ones usually. Pottery Barn has some nice ones.

I have the tall wood platform bed from West Elm. It has simple, clean lines but is not super low to the ground. Just lower than a regular mattress and box springs. West Elm also has various headboards to go with the frames.

We have a platform bed (out of necessity, kind of, because we couldn't get our box spring up our stairs! lol... we wanted a new bed anyway, and instead of getting a split box spring we decided to save money and get a platform bed).

Anyhow, I like it and the height doesn't bother me. It doesn't feel too low at all. Our regular bed wasn't much higher, actually (if at all).