Matthieu Blazy named new Director for BV

Curious, how he will do as well! I love his work at Margiela.. In general I love MM anyway ;)
I hope he doesnt end up continuing what DL started. A combination of modernity and elegance without those stupid gimmicks would make me happy.
@maxroxxherhandbags has already outlined my sentiments :lol:
Also I hope he revives the natural fabrics like wool, cashmere, silk without the polyester crap!

Curious, how he will do as well! I love his work at Margiela.. In general I love MM anyway ;)
I hope he doesnt end up continuing what DL started. A combination of modernity and elegance without those stupid gimmicks would make me happy.
@maxroxxherhandbags has already outlined my sentiments :lol:
Also I hope he revives the natural fabrics like wool, cashmere, silk without the polyester crap!
I'm in a wait and see mode.
I don't know what a "RTW Design Director" does, but since he was appointed to this position with BV in 2020, I'm not sure if he's to blame for some of that mess I've seen on the runway. :lol:

I'm in a wait and see mode.
I don't know what a "RTW Design Director" does, but since he was appointed to this position with BV in 2020, I'm not sure if he's to blame for some of that mess I've seen on the runway. :lol:
:lol: OMG, you are totally right! Ive read some rumors on the Detroit runway between him and DL.
I just hope he would do a complete 180, he was always working on the background, he might not have the final say when he was under DL.

I don’t understand his fascination with the padded intrecciato, and he certainly didn’t invent it.
Tomas Maier did it for a season, in a few select styles back in ‘09 I think - maybe 2008. The Bombe treatment was heavy with that layer of foam between the leather. Like his predecessor, Blazy seems like a one-trick pony to me. I’m not sure what all this “ode to the history of Bottega Veneta” bullish is about, but there’s nothing “iconic” BV in his designs. Vintage BV (from its inception through to the mid-2000s) looked nothing like anything he’s producing. The Knot is back, sure, but it’s twice the price and don’t even think about wearing knitwear with it. That clasp will snag everything.