Matte Polish Trend? Thoughts?

elmel

O.G.
Nov 18, 2006
How is everyone feeling about this new matte polish trend? Has anyone picked any up yet? I just pre-ordered some Zoya mattes. Interested to hear everyone's thoughts!

I am so in love with the matte polishes. I loveeeeeee the look, and the things that people generally don't like about them make them my favorites. The worst part of doing my nails is sitting around and waiting for them to dry, so I appreciate the quick-dry aspect. I also like to change my polish a lot, so I don't really mind when they chip. Gives me an excuse to re-do them!

Well, I thought it was a good idea and I kind of like the look...but I got one of the Zoya mattes. And it lasted maybe an hour!! I know it says it's not supposed to last long, but come on now. What's the point?? Maybe the Essie matte topcoat would be better?

I was skeptical at first but I tried Zoya's matte polishes with a basecoat and I love it. I think the key is to use a base coat and apply thick coats of polish. So far I have been wearing Zoya's posh for a week and no chips. I also like the deep red velvet and the matte finish adds depth to the color.

I like the look, but not in the black or dark gray. To me those are more for the guys. I posted this Zoya a while back in the what nail polish are you wearing thread.

Also these matte finishes are super sparkly when you add a shiny topcoat to them. I've also seen nail art where you use the topcoat as part of a design.

Zoya - Posh
Picture-52.jpg

I have Essie Matte About You topcoat. I like the trend. I'll always like the shiny topcoat, but I like the option to matte out any of my colors. I don't find it lasts as long as a normal mani would, but certainly lasts a few days.

Honestly at first I did not think I would be on board for this trend. I like shiny, I like glossy, I thought this would be something I'd pass on without a moment's hesitation. Then the 3 free Zoya code happened and I figured, what the heck. I am in LOVE with their matte polishes! They look so cool on. I'm planning to preorder the next three they're coming out with as well. I haven't had a chance to swatch posh yet, the red matte from Zoya, but I'll share my swatches of the other two. :smile:

Zoya Dovima
3823228088_4509fcdd0d_o.jpg

Zoya Loredana
3822422177_61187d19b2_o.jpg

If I end up placing a Rescue Beauty Lounge order soon, I think I'll get their matte top coat. I really want to try it on some of my glitter and sparkly polishes. I've seen swatches of that and it looks all kinds of cool to me.