• Navy 227

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Plum 226

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

traumamama

May 19, 2016
Hi ladies,
I have recently taken the Chanel plunge and can't seem to stop ;). i would like some advice as to the next member of my Chanel family! I currently own:

226 matte black aged calfskin reissue RHW
Jumbo black caviar GHW
Vintage Maxi black lambskin GHW

I want to add a little color and am currently deciding between a 227 matte navy aged calfskin reissue RHW and a 226 plum reissue SHW... any thoughts?!? I have been going back and forth so many times, I figured I need a little help :smile:

thank you ladies!!

Do you have any pictures how the plum looks? :smile: I'd probably sell the Vintage Maxi black lambskin GHW and buy the Plum version and another bag in Navy (e.g. boy or mini :smile: )

Do you have any pictures how the plum looks? :smile: I'd probably sell the Vintage Maxi black lambskin GHW and buy the Plum version and another bag in Navy (e.g. boy or mini :smile: )

Hi! thanks for the response...I really don't want to sell my Maxi, it is vintage with the real gold plated hardware and ever since I saw Victoria Beckham wearing it I was obsessed, lol. I have thought a lot about a boy because I love the way they look, but they seem to get beat up sooo easily (corners rubbed, scratches, etc). The mini doesn't really fit my lifestyle, and I have fallen in LOVE with the reissues and their understated elegance.

Reactions: Toronto24
I would definitely keep your vintage maxi, especially if you love vintage. The vintage maxi is a gorgeous piece! What color do you think you'd get more use out of? I think both the plum or navy reissue would be versatile and add a pop of color. Is either size preferable to you? Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: Roku and traumamama
I would definitely keep your vintage maxi, especially if you love vintage. The vintage maxi is a gorgeous piece! What color do you think you'd get more use out of? I think both the plum or navy reissue would be versatile and add a pop of color. Is either size preferable to you? Good luck with your decision.

Ha! That's partly how I am trying to convince myself to buy both ;) I thought the 227 Navy would be great with jeans, weekend bag plus work bag, and the 226 Plum would make a great date night/transition from day to night bag... I see myself using them two different ways which is the biggest reason I can't decide!!

I had seen someone post a thread about having a hard time getting their navy to match anything, so was hoping to get some input on that as well.

Thanks!

Reactions: Gblb
Plum. I love Chanel metallics even though some people have problem with them.

Thanks for your input - I have to admit, I'm actually not crazy about a lot of the metallics, they seem too glittery for my style, but the plum really grabbed my attention because it seems to be more of a subtle sheen?

Do you own any metallics, and if so, have you had any issues with how they hold up?

Thank you!

I would get the navy. I think navy is easy to match actually. Have been on the lookout for 227 navy myself (but with ghw). The picture of the plum bag is beautiful however I feel I would get more use with a navy bag.

Reactions: traumamama
I am biased, I suppose - I have the Plum and it's my favourite ever bag. I've been using it pretty much to the exclusion of everything else since I got it last November. It's such a chameleon, the way the light changes it from plum to deep, inky purple, to muted lilac to almost black. To me, purple is a neutral - I wear it with everything. ❤️

Reactions: traumamama