Matte navy or plum reissue?!?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Navy or plum reissue?

1. Navy 227

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. Plum 226

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. Hi ladies,
    I have recently taken the Chanel plunge and can't seem to stop ;). i would like some advice as to the next member of my Chanel family! I currently own:

226 matte black aged calfskin reissue RHW
    Jumbo black caviar GHW
    Vintage Maxi black lambskin GHW

I want to add a little color and am currently deciding between a 227 matte navy aged calfskin reissue RHW and a 226 plum reissue SHW... any thoughts?!? I have been going back and forth so many times, I figured I need a little help :smile:

thank you ladies!!

2. Do you have any pictures how the plum looks? :smile: I'd probably sell the Vintage Maxi black lambskin GHW and buy the Plum version and another bag in Navy (e.g. boy or mini :smile: )

3. CHJ08180501.jpg

Kendie26 likes this.
  4. Hi! thanks for the response...I really don't want to sell my Maxi, it is vintage with the real gold plated hardware and ever since I saw Victoria Beckham wearing it I was obsessed, lol. I have thought a lot about a boy because I love the way they look, but they seem to get beat up sooo easily (corners rubbed, scratches, etc). The mini doesn't really fit my lifestyle, and I have fallen in LOVE with the reissues and their understated elegance.

Toronto24 likes this.
  5. I would definitely keep your vintage maxi, especially if you love vintage. The vintage maxi is a gorgeous piece! What color do you think you'd get more use out of? I think both the plum or navy reissue would be versatile and add a pop of color. Is either size preferable to you? Good luck with your decision.

Roku and traumamama like this.
  6. Ha! That's partly how I am trying to convince myself to buy both ;) I thought the 227 Navy would be great with jeans, weekend bag plus work bag, and the 226 Plum would make a great date night/transition from day to night bag... I see myself using them two different ways which is the biggest reason I can't decide!!

I had seen someone post a thread about having a hard time getting their navy to match anything, so was hoping to get some input on that as well.

Thanks!

Gblb likes this.
  7. if both are not an option, i vote for plum! love the color!!

traumamama likes this.
  8. thank you! I definitely want to add some color, but still want something with versatlity!

9. Plum. I love Chanel metallics even though some people have problem with them.

traumamama likes this.
  10. Thanks for your input - I have to admit, I'm actually not crazy about a lot of the metallics, they seem too glittery for my style, but the plum really grabbed my attention because it seems to be more of a subtle sheen?

Do you own any metallics, and if so, have you had any issues with how they hold up?

Thank you!

11. I have 2 metallics, wallet and pouch. They are fine except for some rubbing at the corners. I prefer metallics in darker colors as it adds a bit of elegance to it.

traumamama likes this.
  12. I would get the navy. I think navy is easy to match actually. Have been on the lookout for 227 navy myself (but with ghw). The picture of the plum bag is beautiful however I feel I would get more use with a navy bag.

traumamama likes this.
  13. I am biased, I suppose - I have the Plum and it's my favourite ever bag. I've been using it pretty much to the exclusion of everything else since I got it last November. It's such a chameleon, the way the light changes it from plum to deep, inky purple, to muted lilac to almost black. To me, purple is a neutral - I wear it with everything. ❤️

traumamama likes this.
  14. I'd go for plum, the navy might be too close too black.

traumamama likes this.
  15. Wow, this plum one is so beautiful. It will go so well with black, blue,(both light blue and dark blue) white, almost any type of color. Go for the plum!! :smile:

traumamama likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice