Matte Fauve vs. Matte Havanne Croc Birkin ???

hblux

Nov 23, 2008
Please give me some thoughts on the matte fauve vs. the matte havanne crocodile birkins. I am trying to decide which color to get and need help from true Hermes LOVERS!!! Both are 35cm and both have gold hardware. Is one color more versatile than the other? One more classic? I also have a 35cm matte black croc already. Thanks for your help.

Matte fauve is the color of barenia (darker than gold). Matte havanne is a dark brown.
If you already have a matte black, perhaps matte fauve is a better alternative.

I have a friend that has a matte havane and it is stunning. I love it more than I thought I would. It is wonderful. It is also very dark.

I happen to agree with TammyD that in owning the matte black I would suggest you go for the matte fauve as a lovely alternative. Why would you want two expensive bags so close in color?

I have always been fond of the matte havanne. I know the black and havanne are close but I think the havanne is so much richer than the fauve. Do you agree. I also have a gold clemence.

Do you think you can wear the fauve and the havanne with the same things. If I did not have the black croc would you still think the fauve was a better choice of the two colors? Thanks for your help.

Fauve I don't personally love love havanne because it look like natural color croc like it's an odd color . Not vibrant not dark , just a bit blah to me I love graphite in matte and love fauve !

Please give me some thoughts on the matte fauve vs. the matte havanne crocodile birkins. I am trying to decide which color to get and need help from true Hermes LOVERS!!! Both are 35cm and both have gold hardware. Is one color more versatile than the other? One more classic? I also have a 35cm matte black croc already. Thanks for your help.

You already have the best classic in the dark colours family.