Matte Croc vs Shiny Croc Birkin, Any Matte fans?

golconda

O.G.
Sep 14, 2006
I love matte croc, but do not care for shiny croc in a Birkin. IMO, matte is quieter, more casual and understated. For me the Birkin is a casual bag, so matte just goes with the style.

Guessing that most would prefer shiny croc. It is definitely more iconic.

i like both. certain croc colors looks best with matte croc and same too for shiny croc. i don't think shiny croc has anything to do with iconic. the birkin shape is the iconic coz' after many years, it is still the most sought after bag style by many women worldwide and have a waiting list. i never get bored with hermes birkin.

I saw crocodile birkin matte in Paris.. brown, rouge h and black... i didnt like them at all.. i love the glazed crocodile.. LOVE IT.. but in the matte it doesnt speak to me at all!

I love both matte and shiny croc--although I wouldn't choose matte for my first and only croc which I would prefer to be a shiny croc Kelly. Perhaps a second bag--I saw a young woman with a 30cm in matte black w/PH about five years ago, and for some reason that image has been on my mind ever since. She wore it very casually, and I really liked that; it was a lot more subtle and less formal than the polished croc.

The SA told me that matte croc skins had to have fewer surface flaws than the glazed ( a surface that's achieved by buffing the skin....) The matte croc surface will show more "flaws" ( not the best word but you know what I mean ) so only extra beautful croc matte skins are used.

I really like the matte....

Golconsa, I'm with you all the way....I much prefer matte croc; my Holy Grail bag is a brown matte croc Birkin 35!:love: :drool: :heart:

Oops, I just re-read my post, and noticed that I spelled your name wrong....sorry Golconda, it was a typo, you have such a lovely name; if I'm not mistaken , isn't it a place in India ? where precious stones came from....

Oops, I just re-read my post, and noticed that I spelled your name wrong....sorry Golconda, it was a typo, you have such a lovely name; if I'm not mistaken , isn't it a place in India ? where precious stones came from....
Yes, the legendary and illusive Golconda diamond...sigh....