Matte croc production

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Handybags' thread got me thinking... Has anyone else noticed an increase in matte vs. glazed croc lately? If so, does anyone know why?

I thought matte was harder to produce so I'm completely baffled. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

2. Yep, I've noticed it too: I have no idea why it's increased, except, maybe, that H always try to promote a certain leather type at one time or another....I don't know if it's more difficult to produce than shiny, but I know it's more expensive!!!!

3. LOL Duna - no wonder they're pushing the matte!

4. There was quite a bit of matte lizard at FSH in Feb as well.

5. Maybe the newer supple matte niloticus used on the Lindy was available in a larger supply?

I also think more people like matte as it is more day friendly and looks more casual than shiny.

6. Good point Castorny. I think they might have a lot more Matte because of other handbags! Now has anyone seen Matte bags in more structured styles like a Sellier Kelly. I would love to see a picture of that!

7. Then why is matte more expensive?

8. ooooh Roxane - matte lizard sounds interesting too!