Matte Caviar Questions

aleina

Aug 24, 2006
Hello, I'm considering the 18C Black Matte Caviar mini with the SHW. But I'm hesitant because I am nervous of the wear on matte caviar. Anyone have experience with the matte caviar to share? Also, will matte caviar have a lower resale value? Thanks!

I have the matte black boy bag from 2016. Never had a problem with scratches. But I do wonder if this current matte caviar leather is the same. I do wish this mini had puffier quilts like the iridescent black mini.

I have not seen any matte caviar in person, but my SA did say to me she thinks the matte caviar from this season MIGHT scatch more easily... not that is has, or she has seen any issues. She told me this when I was asking about a matte caviar bag.

I have not seen any matte caviar in person, but my SA did say to me she thinks the matte caviar from this season MIGHT scatch more easily... not that is has, or she has seen any issues. She told me this when I was asking about a matte caviar bag.
I got matte mini and think the opposite. The leather is very sturdy and I do not think it will scratch easily. Overall it's a very well made bag. Here is the close up picture of the leather ...

Attachments

• IMG_4063.JPG
    IMG_4063.JPG
    481.2 KB · Views: 1,702
I got matte mini and think the opposite. The leather is very sturdy and I do not think it will scratch easily. Overall it's a very well made bag. Here is the close up picture of the leather ...

That's great to know :smile:. If I ever locate the bag I *think* is from cruise I think its matte caviar.
Thanks for posting and sharing

I have compared my card case caviar (22 series) to my new 18C Matte Mini and the caviar definitely looks and feels different but the Matte caviar is tighter and so far seems quite durable. Both are high quality!
Unless there is some known flaw in the line, I don't think that a black caviar mini would have a lesser resale value! From my research on consignment sites, unless the bag has really bad wear, a black caviar mini always has a premium value compared to other colors.

Attachments

• C65EED25-EFC1-4D30-A0D1-F2163E540709.jpeg
    C65EED25-EFC1-4D30-A0D1-F2163E540709.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 1,632
just curious - does the matte leather feels dry to the touch? or does it feel fake?

apologies as i do not have the chance to see a matte leather bag yet.. but so curious on how does it feel like!

just curious - does the matte leather feels dry to the touch? or does it feel fake?

apologies as i do not have the chance to see a matte leather bag yet.. but so curious on how does it feel like!

First I thought it was going to feel plasticky and look fake, but when I saw the bag IRL it didnt. It just looked like a tough caviar leather, and it was actually more puffy than in the pictures I had seen beforehand. But this is just my opinion, some people might think it looks fake. Personally, this matte caviar looks better than last season's burgundy caviar they used on the boy (that leather somehow makes the bag look fake) but again this is subjective.

I'm actually curious to see what the leather would look like if I apply the Saphir cream on it. Would it turn the leather shiny? But i'm too scared to try haha [emoji28]

Reactions: aleina and kewlada
First I thought it was going to feel plasticky and look fake, but when I saw the bag IRL it didnt. It just looked like a tough caviar leather, and it was actually more puffy than in the pictures I had seen beforehand. But this is just my opinion, some people might think it looks fake. Personally, this matte caviar looks better than last season's burgundy caviar they used on the boy (that leather somehow makes the bag look fake) but again this is subjective.

I'm actually curious to see what the leather would look like if I apply the Saphir cream on it. Would it turn the leather shiny? But i'm too scared to try haha [emoji28]

haha, good question. saw this thread
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/can-i-clean-or-condition-matte-caviar.975264/

and they have tried to clean the matte leather. perhaps could check if the leather turns shiny?

Reactions: aleina
Reactions: kewlada and aleina