Matt or Metallic black reissue? Opinions please...

Bagamind

Climbing up the peak
Nov 10, 2010
Hi ladies,
Pls share your opinion on which version of the black reissue is more appealing and versatile? Is the metallic version more for night?
I have only seen the Matt version in local stores and I understand that the metallic one is a seasonal finish right?
I m only considering the black with ghw . Thanks in advance.

1. Yes. Metallic is seasonal. I don't think there has been 1 made for a couple of years.
2. Distressed Calf is basicly fuss free. Some members did experience their metallics rubbing off. Others have been fine.

Definitly matte black!

I love the black matte with GH. There's a reason why it's always available now. It's classic & low maintenance. I'm not a fan of the metallic. It's seasonal. Do a search on here & you'll find issues with rubbing off, etc.. Even the SAs will warn you about it when you purchase.

I love both bags, but if you are considering only black with gold hardware, I would definitely choose the matte. I love the metallic black with black hardware or ruthenium hardware.

Matt w. either GHW or RHW are both very nice. and they will never go out of style.

Metallic is more seasonal. I once asked my friend who is an architect when I was about to make the same decision. He voted for matt, and I am glad that I listened to him.

thank u all ladies for ur opinions...i appreciate very much...

now I have a chance to get both but they are in size 225. I'm quite ok with M/L flap though my fav is still jumbo size. hence i'm not quite sure if 225 will be a good choice for me.
Does it hold slightly more than m/l flap? Cos the m/l is stiffer and thicker than a reissue flap right? I dun usually carry a wallet, just coin purse, card case, phone, lip balm etc...
i dun see alot of photos of 225 around as it seems like not a very popular choice of size....

thank u all ladies for ur opinions...i appreciate very much...

now I have a chance to get both but they are in size 225. I'm quite ok with M/L flap though my fav is still jumbo size. hence i'm not quite sure if 225 will be a good choice for me.
Does it hold slightly more than m/l flap? Cos the m/l is stiffer and thicker than a reissue flap right? I dun usually carry a wallet, just coin purse, card case, phone, lip balm etc...
i dun see alot of photos of 225 around as it seems like not a very popular choice of size....

My vote is for matte black -plus ghw, it is the classic of classics! Matte black is easy to maintain.

I was trying to decide between 225 and 226 too, and ended up with 225. It's really pretty, my most-used Chanel, and I don't have any regrets. The 225 holds more than the m/l cos it's the m/l is thicker/puffier and more structured.