Matt & Nat handbags.

I have one that I got from a TJ Maxx for 5 dollars. I think it was my best handbag purchase ever LOL! I don't have a picture of it right now, I'll have to take one and post it later, but, their bags are 100% vegan, so, I BELIEVE the bags are made out of some sort of pleather material. I'm not 100% sure. They're really nice bags, but, TJ Maxx always seems to have a lot of them (as does ebay). I don't think I'd pay full price for one, but, they're pretty good bags in my opinion. HTH! :smile:

i have one, too - also a tjmaxx (or was it marshalls) purchase for $6. mine is not especially cute - i will have to take a picture, but it's purple pleather and purple tweed material. it's smallish, boxy, with a crossbody strap (which is why i got it). i used it, though, throughout the winter whenever i went shopping or out somewhere like that. the pleather color started to wear away after a year (whitish underneath the purple) on the corners and such.

1.jpg

Bringing this thread back because I am MAD for Matt & Nat !!!
I've owned a couple.
Right now I have one from the Japanese Paper collection - It's so cool - I actually tried to see if I could rip it because it looks so much like paper LOL (I couldn't)
And the Fuschia colour is sooooo gorgeous.

Last edited:
They're vegan? No way! I saw a gorgeous one at Nordstrom, envelope clutch in a great pink/berry, but I was concerned the material was thin. For 150, I didn't want to risk it (not that I had the budget) but I'm so glad you asked.

So what are the bags made of? They are beautiful shapes and colors with great hardware.

1.jpg

Bringing this thread back because I am MAD for Matt & Nat !!!
I've owned a couple.
Right now I have one from the Japanese Paper collection - It's so cool - I actually tried to see if I could rip it because it looks so much like paper LOL (I couldn't)
And the Fuschia colour is sooooo gorgeous.

Ohhhh that one is gorgeous!!!!!! :drool:

I have a black patent one with hot pink lining that I got at Marshall's for $20, its in a cute shopper tote style and I use for interviews mostly because I can easily carry a portfolio in it and I'm always wearing black to interviews. It was a good buy but it definitely won't be around for me to hand down to my children haha.

The first time I saw a Matt & Nat I didn't know anything about it - I just felt it and I couldn't get over how freakin SOFT it was. I was dreaming of this gorgeous leather bag for weeks.
Then I fianlly looked them up - I couldn't believe it wasn't leather.

Gotta admit it does make me feel better that cothing died for my bag (I'm not vegetarian or anything but I do have twinges of guilt sometimes ;))
Also they're Canadian so I love that.

Sorry - I don't know what they're made of - besides AWESOMENESS!

Love this too:

By donating your gently-used, nearly-new MATT & NAT bag directly to one of our partner organizations, you are creating a new lifecycle for the bag. Each bag will go to someone worthy who is working hard to better their life and gain some economic independence. Saving the environment and helping to end the cycle of poverty. Can you get better than that

I've heard great things about them. They're a Vegan company that makes a good quality bag... as opposed to Big Buddha which have a tendency to tear, break, or otherwise crap out after a few uses.