Matt Lauer released for inappropriate behavior

Ok, in that case, yeah, I disagree. He raped her. She didn't give consent. I'm going to believe what she claims. Done. Period.
But that has nothing to do with me speaking for women. Obviously I think you're incorrect, but that's simply a difference of opinion based on two people's interpretation of events that took place.

See...there's something we all can agree on!
I'm never going to apologize for speaking up for what I believe in. When someone says something that I feel is a valid point, I most definitely recognize it. That hasn't happened in this thread. I know a lot of women who have been sexually assaulted and I've listened to them tell me their stories of how they were forced into a situation that they didn't know how to handle. How they were petrified. How they were scared for their lives. How they were treated by their family and friends who didn't believe them. How it still affects them to this day. So until it becomes common for women to make up stories like this, I will ALWAYS believe a woman when comes out to speak about abuse and assault that she's had to endure...until there's an abundance of evidence to convince me otherwise. This isn't a court of law. I'm not sentencing someone to prison. A victim doesn't have to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt to me.
Again, that has zero to do with the audience I'm speaking to. I would say the same things and make the same arguments if I was speaking to a bunch of dudes.
You know a lot of women who have been sexually assaulted? Are you a rape counselor? Because women don't generally discuss these things in a social setting.
Anyway, I get it. You know more than me about being a rape victim (you think) and therefore, you like to state your opinions very strongly - basically as facts.

You know a lot of women who have been sexually assaulted? Are you a rape counselor? Because women don't generally discuss these things in a social setting.
Anyway, I get it. You know more than me about being a rape victim (you think) and therefore, you like to state your opinions very strongly - basically as facts.

It's true that women don't generally discuss these things, especially in a social setting, and a large reason for that is because they fear people will doubt them or not believe them... which seems to be common throughout threads similar to this one.

So Hoda is the permanent co-host. Wonder what that does to the Hoda/Kathie show? replacement for Hoda? (not that I watch it, just curious)
As part of the announcement that she was the co-host, NBC indicated that she'll continue doing the 10am hour with Kathie Lee. It would not surprise me if over time they decide that in order for her to be taken seriously for hard hitting news they need her to ease away from the 10am hour, but she's still there for now. My money is on them to slowly transition Jenna Bush Hager into being a new co-host with Kathie Lee.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
As part of the announcement that she was the co-host, NBC indicated that she'll continue doing the 10am hour with Kathie Lee. It would not surprise me if over time they decide that in order for her to be taken seriously for hard hitting news they need her to ease away from the 10am hour, but she's still there for now. My money is on them to slowly transition Jenna Bush Hager into being a new co-host with Kathie Lee.
makes sense to me.....the Kathie Lee segment is all joking and drinking wine....reduces her credibility (although she got this job coming from that)

makes sense to me.....the Kathie Lee segment is all joking and drinking wine....reduces her credibility (although she got this job coming from that)

Hoda was originally a news anchor. I remember thinking it was odd when she started working with Kathie Lee because she wasn't really the wino-joking type, but she was brought in to redirect Kathie during her zanier moments and keep the show on message/schedule. I'm happy that Hoda got Matt's job. She's a great anchor. It's about time that women anchor a show that is primarily supported by women.

Hoda is only getting 7m...same as Savannah, but Matt made 25m. And for what?
Matt was the personality the show was built around. He'd been a part of it for 20 years, was considered a significant pillar for the network - which explained both his salary and the behavior he was able to get away with for years. Hoda and Savannah are strong contributors to the show, which is why they are paid millions. But if either of them left, there would not be shockwaves sent through in quite the same way that was attached to Matt ... until they were forced to part ways and there were shockwaves.

Reactions: Tivo

I do actually. The girl I've been seeing was just telling me about her sexual assault when she worked for a very large sports broadcasting network. I've had numerous friends discuss their experiences with me...especially since #metoo. I'm friends with people who work with RAINN and other survivor/awareness organizations. But I'm not sure what that has to do with me knowing more than you about being a rape victim....since I never claimed to. I'm speaking about the definitions of sexual assault. Defining what rape is has nothing to do with knowing about being a victim, nor do you need to be a victim of it to understand what it is. Again, I'm referring specifically about the woman who came out about Matt Lauer and her specific experiences saying he had sex with her without her consent. I'm not speaking about anyone else, nor their experiences.

I do actually. The girl I've been seeing was just telling me about her sexual assault when she worked for a very large sports broadcasting network. I've had numerous friends discuss their experiences with me...especially since #metoo. I'm friends with people who work with RAINN and other survivor/awareness organizations. But I'm not sure what that has to do with me knowing more than you about being a rape victim....since I never claimed to. I'm speaking about the definitions of sexual assault. Defining what rape is has nothing to do with knowing about being a victim, nor do you need to be a victim of it to understand what it is. Again, I'm referring specifically about the woman who came out about Matt Lauer and her specific experiences saying he had sex with her without her consent. I'm not speaking about anyone else, nor their experiences.
so fortunate we have you here to explain things