Matita: So much confusion.

castorny

Luxury Obsessed
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Matita means Graphite in Italian, or pencil lead. Which would lead one to believe that it is a dark grey. However Bottega Veneta has produced three different skins to date under the name Matita. I hope this helps avoid all the confusion. Please add any more information you may have regarding Matita.

1. Matita Specchio: Black goatskin with mica embedded in the skin, resulting in a sparkling, textured skin.
  2. Matita Vachetta Plonge: Black saddle calfskin with mica embedded in the skin, which is also sparkly, but smooth.
  3. Matita Vachetta: Charcoal grey (Anthracite) calfskin, which is smooth and has no mica embedded in the skin and thus, no sparkle.
I own the first two and I have seen the third. Are there any other versions of Matita?

I also have the first two on your list Castorny. I can definitely tell them apart with no problems. I have never seen the third one IRL.

I think my favorite is the goatskin. My clutch is in goatskin and the sheen makes it so pretty.

I have seen both Ash and Ash Scuro, but not elephant. I am partial to Ash Scuro, since I have that one. LOL

Sorry to interrupt... If I'm counting correctly are we now seeing 5 kinds of Matita skins? 3 from castorny's OP + nappa umbria + croc fume?

What about the bag on page 124? Is that Matita Vachetta (calfskin)?