Matita: So much confusion.

castorny

Luxury Obsessed
Jan 3, 2008
USA
Matita means Graphite in Italian, or pencil lead. Which would lead one to believe that it is a dark grey. However Bottega Veneta has produced three different skins to date under the name Matita. I hope this helps avoid all the confusion. Please add any more information you may have regarding Matita.

1. Matita Specchio: Black goatskin with mica embedded in the skin, resulting in a sparkling, textured skin.
  2. Matita Vachetta Plonge: Black saddle calfskin with mica embedded in the skin, which is also sparkly, but smooth.
  3. Matita Vachetta: Charcoal grey (Anthracite) calfskin, which is smooth and has no mica embedded in the skin and thus, no sparkle.
I own the first two and I have seen the third. Are there any other versions of Matita?

piperlu

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
At the beach
I also have the first two on your list Castorny. I can definitely tell them apart with no problems. I have never seen the third one IRL.

I think my favorite is the goatskin. My clutch is in goatskin and the sheen makes it so pretty.

I have seen both Ash and Ash Scuro, but not elephant. I am partial to Ash Scuro, since I have that one. LOL

Juda

O.G.
Apr 23, 2009
Question: is the matita cabat soft like any nappa cabat or is it stiffer?

Juda

O.G.
Apr 23, 2009
^Oh no, the Matita Cabat is stiff and structured, in Vachette calf leather.
Thank you for replying to my stupid question, of course it is vachette.
Btw have you seen the pied de poule cabat IRL?

annie9999

O.G.
Feb 22, 2007
Just looked at the FW catalog, the Matita color on Nappa Umbria looks like Ferro (pg 121) and looks soft grey on croc (pg 112).
how do you think the nappa umbria matita compares to the ferro?
is it darker, less blue undertones?

TDL

Dec 19, 2008
Sorry to interrupt... If I'm counting correctly are we now seeing 5 kinds of Matita skins? 3 from castorny's OP + nappa umbria + croc fume?

What about the bag on page 124? Is that Matita Vachetta (calfskin)?