Matinee vs Henri?

rougevolupte

Jun 7, 2010
Hi ladies,

What are your thoughts on the Matinee as an every day bag, as opposed to the Henri? I've seen pictures of both and they look quite similar. I prefer the shape of the Matinee but I like that the Henri has the longer shoulder strap so it can be carried crossbody. I don't carry that much stuff every day (ie. wallet, sunglasses, phone, keys) but my main requirement is just that the bag can be handsfree because I have to run after my 2 toddlers!

Would appreciate any input! :biggrin:

TIA!

Hi ladies,

What are your thoughts on the Matinee as an every day bag, as opposed to the Henri? I've seen pictures of both and they look quite similar. I prefer the shape of the Matinee but I like that the Henri has the longer shoulder strap so it can be carried crossbody. I don't carry that much stuff every day (ie. wallet, sunglasses, phone, keys) but my main requirement is just that the bag can be handsfree because I have to run after my 2 toddlers!

Would appreciate any input! :biggrin:

TIA!

I don't have a Henri, but I do have two Matinees. Honestly...I love my Matties, but from a hands free perspective, the Henri might be better for you since it has the crossbody strap. I can get my Mattie on my shoulder with no problem, but it doesn't have a long strap drop, so you'd have to take it off your shoulder to open it up and get things out of it. I typically carry my Mattie more as a satchel than a shoulder bag - especially in colder months when I'm wearing a puffy coat. I will say, though, the Mattie is an organizational beast with all those pockets! HTH! :smile:

They are both great styles but I really like the Mattie. It is classic and has wonderful organization. Your kids won't be little forever, but the Mattie will always be in style. I understand your need to be hands free for now with little ones, but if you look towards the future when you have some time for you, the Mattie will be a wonderful companion when the kids are off doing their own thing.

I have both the Mattie and the Henri. They are similar in terms of organizational potential as they both have pockets on the sides and in the bag itself. The Mattie is probably a little bit taller than the Henri but I think they fit the same amount of stuff. The long shoulder strap is definitely a plus for the Henri but the Mattie is the more popular and recognizable style.

Thank you ladies! I'm leaning more towards the Matinee now. Even though I prefer the Henri's long shoulder strap, I'm really not a big fan of the boxiness and the double zips. I think I will stick with getting a Matinee for now, and perhaps if I track down a Henri at the right price, I'll get it in the future :graucho:

I have had both, sold my hunter green Henri, but he was a beauty. However, much more casual looking and feeling, it is after all a duffle like design. Mattie has more style and look while Henri is more plain. Very different bags.