Matinee or MAM? Help me decide

Cattypake

Jan 5, 2012
I don't have any RM bags yet so this will be my first, though I've tried on a MAM before. The MAM seems more classic but I love the style and details of the Matinee. I haven't seen one in person though so I'm worried that it'll look sort of long and luggage-y on me. If the mini MA was availiable I'd snap that up in a heartbeat!
Both the MAM and MA are light gray though some pics of the light gray MA make it look blueish (like the one where Lauren Conrad is wearing one).

My DH calls the Mattie a 'gym bag', so yeah it looks luggage-y, as you say. BUT. I really don't care too much about pleasing others with my bag and how it looks on me. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love compliments but really, I'm mainly out to please myself with my bags. So if you like the look of a Mattie more, go for it.

If you are worried about the Mattie looking like luggage then I wouldn't choose one. They do look a bit like a luxe duffel bag (but in a CUTE way :biggrin:).

Personally, functionality-wise I like the MAM better because of the shoulder strap.

I don't have any RM bags yet so this will be my first, though I've tried on a MAM before. The MAM seems more classic but I love the style and details of the Matinee. I haven't seen one in person though so I'm worried that it'll look sort of long and luggage-y on me. If the mini MA was availiable I'd snap that up in a heartbeat!
Both the MAM and MA are light gray though some pics of the light gray MA make it look blueish (like the one where Lauren Conrad is wearing one).

hi cattypake! before i bought my mattie, i had the same questions u do - i even thought the shape was strange (too long!!) LOL - however, after getting mine, let me just say that i love this bag to death!!! it's not as big as you'd think and it looks great on!! the handles fit so comfortable on your shoulder!! both are great styles so i think u will eventually GET BOTH!!! :lol: the MAM is classic, but the mattie is such a creative style and has tons of pockets, tassels, and two different looks with the flaps flipped up and down!! i would suggest looking at mod shots of both MAM and mattie for reference so u get a better feel for how the bag looks on someone :biggrin: here it is on me and i'm 5'1" for reference!

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 235
i use my mattie more than my mam because i think it's so cute. sometimes i do worry it's a bit big, but then i look at it and fall in love again, haha. but i am taking the tassels off mine because they are a bit much to me. i love my mattie, haha.

hi cattypake! before i bought my mattie, i had the same questions u do - i even thought the shape was strange (too long!!) LOL - however, after getting mine, let me just say that i love this bag to death!!! it's not as big as you'd think and it looks great on!! the handles fit so comfortable on your shoulder!! both are great styles so i think u will eventually GET BOTH!!! :lol: the MAM is classic, but the mattie is such a creative style and has tons of pockets, tassels, and two different looks with the flaps flipped up and down!! i would suggest looking at mod shots of both MAM and mattie for reference so u get a better feel for how the bag looks on someone :biggrin: here it is on me and i'm 5'1" for reference!

Thanks for the input every one and ceedoan, thank you for the reference pic! I have a feeling that both bags will eventually make their way into my closet regardless of what I pick now :P

I couldn't have said it better than cee :smile: I have 3 of each so it's hard to tell that --- I'm really a Mattie girl. I love the pockets, the lines, the contrasting leather under the flaps. The handles of the Mattie rests more securely on my shoulder plus it hugs my body more snuggly :smile:

there is a mini matinee on bonanza right now in dark gray in case you are interested.

Did you make a purchase yet?

i have a full sized MAB (actually 2 of them!) and 2 matinees. I love both but for different reasons. I probably prefer my Matinees because they go over the shoulder way easier than the MABs.

I've had a few people comment on the size or the luggage comment about my MABs and my matties. and my reply is always just roll my eyes or say "yeah i love big bags"...it's never bothered me.

I vote matinee!