Maternity Fashion for the Non-Pregnant

I had my room mate take pics of me with my "maternity" tank - teeheehee. I love 'em! I like the pregnant look though :shrugs:

DSCN2707.jpg

RSCN2708.jpg

For larger girls (such as myself, I'm a size 20), this is a GREAT trend! Most clothing for large women is HIDEOUS and covered in nasty flower patterns, horrible fabrics and materials and cut in unflattering ways. Have you ever gone in a place like Lane Bryant and actually touched some of the clothes in there? The fabrics are mostly rayon and polyester. Very gross feeling. And the selection is slim to begin with.

Places like Old Navy were starting to buck this horrible ugly plus sized trend, but even now that is going out the window. They are going to start only carrying their plus sized clothes online. Not in stores anymore. I know that I for one, don't like buying clothes online for the most part, because being able to try them on in a store is essential.

I have NO shame in buying clothes from the maternity section @ places like Target. Mostly because if mainstream designers & clothing stores would make more realistic sizes and clothes for bigger girls, we wouldn't have to buy "maternity" styles and pieces.

:smile:

Coming from a country where women wore the same clothes whether pregnant or not...sari and the shalwar kameez are very forgiving clothes, for anything from reed-slender to pleasantly plump and awfully pregnant figures.
LOL yes, this is a very western-clothing-centric issue, most of the world addressed this issue beautifully centuries and millennia ago.

If I had to pick one garment out of all our species has produced since time began, it would definitely be the salwar kameez. Not only is it forgiving to "figure flaws," it is the most comfortable clothing ever designed, and any woman anywhwere who does not own at least one should obtain one immediately!

I haaaaate those tops. Some I can't decide whether it's maternity clothes or a little kid's dress worn as a shirt. If you're skinny, it makes you look pregnant; if you're heavy, it makes you look HEAVIER and pregnant. I can't understand why anyone would want to wear such an unflattering kind of clothing when there are so many other things.

I am in agreement on this...after 3 kids...the last thing I want is to look like I am having one more!! Not to mention...the one time that I wore this style...someone asked my son if I was pregnant again!!! That was it for me....