Matelasse retail prices?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone know the retail prices of the Matelasse bags - esp. the mini Matelasse? Haven't seen them in any shops and am curious...

2. I'm not sure that they are still being made. Overall, they didn't do too well, and a lot of them ended up on the *sale* tables. If I remember correctly, the retail was around $995 USD.

3. The retail for the small size (bigger than yours) was originally $1795. The little make up versions were close to $900. I think your mini one was definitely more in the $1200 range. Of course, they've been on sale at various prices, depending on color.

They are still doing new versions, including a matelasse flap for fall. Go figure.

4. Oh yeah ... I remember seeing the picture of the Matelasse bag for '09!! When I first saw the style, I loved it ... ran right out and bought the "Medium" size (in Black) and then the Brown/Cafe one in the Large size (frankly - I prefer the larger size). I love them ... but they are kind of bulky. Having seen so many on the sales tables, I didn't think Bal would make them again.