Matelasse Lux Bowler/Tote

Couture_CL

Bags! Bags! Bags!
Jul 25, 2008
Hi girls -

I haven't seen a lot of post on this particular style Miu Miu (Matelasse Lux EW Bowler/Tote), are we not loving it since it is too similar to the Coffer and many are leaning more towards the Coffer? :shrugs:

miu_miu-long-coffer.jpg

Does anyone have modeling pics or real life pics of this bag?

I love it, espeically the new brown one they have for spring 09............. I am torn between two.... I want the coffer b/c it becomes some what iconic for Miu Miu... but Love the shape of the bowler!!!

Kiki - Is this the one you were referring to? (Pics borrowed from Miu2's thread on Spring 09 Bags from BH) The brown is quite nice!!!!

WHY OH WHY do I have to fall in love with all these bags!!!! :wtf:

This brown Matelasse bag is smaller than the black one pictured. I almost got the large one pictured here in black but the SA from Miu Miu BH told me it was really huge more like an over night bag. But this new for spring 09 brown one is smaller. I just LOVE it! I have several other matelasse bags but the smaller tote and am trying to resist getting this one. I wish someone would post some real life pics too :woohoo:

CC - Yes that's the one I was referring to... the brown is dreamy! :love:
4purse - ohhh - good eyes! I didn't relaized that the black one is bigger!!! I am going to MM NY in 2 weeks - wonder if I can take modelling pics for ya!

4purse - overnight bag size!? :wtf: well, I was doing some "research" online earlier, it looks like the bowler measures about 17" wide, isn't the coffer around 16"? It shouldn't be that much bigger then the coffer right?? :shrugs:

The measurements are all over the place (some website said it's around 14"), but I have a suspicion that it is about the same size as a bow satchel....

Last edited:
I got some measurements from Renato at the MM in BH.

He said the New Spring Miu Miu - Nocciolo (brown) Bauletto $1495 is 12.5 (bottom) x 8.5 x 4.5 To me that is much more wearable than the prior version which is larger...not sure of that size. All I know is I LOVE this bag but am trying to resist:love:

I did notice that this season they are making a small...even mini looking size of Coffer. Glad to see they're making some reasonable size bags. I do have the Patch bag and even though it's large I just adore it!

I got some measurements from Renato at the MM in BH.

He said the New Spring Miu Miu - Nocciolo (brown) Bauletto $1495 is 12.5 (bottom) x 8.5 x 4.5 To me that is much more wearable than the prior version which is larger...not sure of that size. All I know is I LOVE this bag but am trying to resist:love:

I did notice that this season they are making a small...even mini looking size of Coffer. Glad to see they're making some reasonable size bags. I do have the Patch bag and even though it's large I just adore it!

I personally actually like BIG purses :P but I don't want it to be so huge that I'd look like I'm carrying a luggage around LOL I think hobo shapes bag can be big and still be ok....but not so much on a satchel or bowler, IMHO. Anyway, thanks so much for the measurements....I am now drooling over this bag also *sigh* :Push:

Hi tpfers....im getting this bag soon from the help of my frd who's going London next mth!! :yahoo:

Im taking the safer side so i choose Black instead!:tender:I tried the brown on me, i looked so old. Hahahaha
Btw, the black one is it with gold hardware? There's no black one in the boutique when im trying the brown one.