matching wallets-too many?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

This is my first tpf post and I am oh so excited! I love, love, love purses... specifically Coach, LV and Rebecca Minkoff. Is it just me, or do other bag lovers feel compelled to buy a matching wallet for each new bag? I am up to 10 Coach wallets (I have 15 bags) and am starting to wonder if this is normal. Heaven forbid my husband should realize what I have (he's had the same ratty wallet forever:nuts:!). Here's hoping I'm not the only one with this obsession...:biggrin:

2. Not necessarily for EVERY one because I will use the same black wallet for several black bags, the same mahogany wallet for several bags that are a similar color. But I do like to have something that matches fairly well. So I have Coach wallets/wristlets in black (2), tobacco, whiskey, mahogany, buckskin and now cinnamon.

And I do have an LV wallet for my LV bags too.

3. Somewhere on here is a post of BagLady's Bridgit collection in every color with a matching wallet for each. As far as I know of, she buys matching wallets for everything, so you definitely aren't alone.

I'm too lazy to switch stuff from one wallet to another, so I just have one that unfortunately doesn't quite go with everything, but oh well.

4. ^^ yeah, I have the same laziness problem (and the lack of $$ one too), so I just have two wallets. My bags are fairly neutral though, so those two wallets go pretty well with any of them. I'm more into matching my scarves and fobs to my bags (that is a bit of an obsession for me...) ;)
    welcome to TPF :biggrin:

5. I have to have a wallet that either matches the color, style or collection...

6. I would LIKE to have more wallets to match my bags, 4 wallets and 7 bags, but I'm somewhat banned. I've got a pebbled leather chelsea multi function wallet in mineral that goes well with my summery bags, and 2 black wallets, one in leather, the other in patent leather. And I have the green patent zoe wallet that only matches my green patent zoe lol >< I'd love to have the small parker wallet to match my hippie, but can't afford it :sad:

7. I only have 2 wallets. I am way to lazy to change wallets everyday because I rarely carry the same bag for more than 2 days at a time.

8. No, I do not match my wallets. I get a few nice wallets I like and just switch out when I get tired of the same wallet. I love having different colors/styles inside my bag. It gets boring seeing the same matchy matchy things. Ducks for cover-(Honestly my opinion-not meaning to upset anyone who loves to match-I just prefer it this way). I like a rainbow of colors everytime I open up my bag.

9. I was looking at my wallets in detail and none are really the same exact color. The most I could say is that three of them are in the green family. I do consider the wallets I have when I go to buy a new bag, but then I think how much lovelier it would look with the matching one. Not to mention the fact that lately it's been "if you snooze, you lose." When I agonize/obsess over a purchase and finally do decide that I want it (can't live without it), it seems to have disappeared altogether. I really appreciate your input and will have to consider matching what I already have to any new bag I plan on purchasing. I'll give it a try at the very least:graucho:

10. I have matching wallets for my special bags, and just use a regular black leather wallet in my everyday rotation. I am a bit too lazy to change wallets all the time.

11. You are definitely not the only one who likes matchy-matchy items. But personally, I never go matchy-matchy since I tend to buy a lot of black stuffs so they can go with most things if not everything that I have. Besides that, I'm too lazy to switch all the time :lol:

12. I only have one COACH wallet. I find it too much to change wallets when I change bags.

13. I have a matching wallet for every bag I own, except for my madison girl tote because I have no idea what to match that with (luckily it comes with a wristlet attached!). It's gets frustrating though because sometimes the wallets cost almost as much as the purse!

14. I don't have a wallet to match everyone of my bags unfortunately... I only have 2 wallets as of right now and they are versitile colors that go w/all my bags

15. I found that I *love* a matching wallet, or at least something that coordinates, but the reality is that I'm not always going to be able to have one. I got some advice here to just have a few basic wallets that can be switched around. Right now I actually have everything in a Parker Butterfly wristlet rather than a wallet.