Matching shoes with your handbag

I know, - rules and rules, however I admit that matching them looks elegant, you can not say it does not, especially if it is subtle without too much stuff. I still like to see someone dressed in one colour. I like to dress in few shades of gray everything...or all black and it makes me look lean and elegant, just scarf pops or a sweater in some

Victoria (Posh) and Nicole Kidman do it often, even with jeans, and I like it

also, I have a leather brown coat which goes so great with everything black...I LOVE brown and black together...so much for the rules..I don't care :rochard:

oh, here it is, one of Kidman's great looks, I admire her taste

bag is the accent...I like doing that as well

attachment.php

but, red shoes would not go well

this is what I do too since I know myself

I have purple jeans and the same "potent purple' Doc Martens, tall, to mu knees, and purple t-shirt, and red YSL Roady..it goes so well

I've always had a hard time mixing and matching colors and hardware too. Only recently have I relaxed a bit and experimented with not being so match-y match-y.

Here a good pic of Haley Berry that shows how to mix black & brown: The pic is kind of small but you get the idea.

halle-berry-nahla-rainy-day-beverly-hills.jpg

I know, - rules and rules, however I admit that matching them looks elegant, you can not say it does not, especially if it is subtle without too much stuff. I still like to see someone dressed in one colour. I like to dress in few shades of gray everything...or all black and it makes me look lean and elegant, just scarf pops or a sweater in some

also, I have a leather brown coat which goes so great with everything black...I LOVE brown and black together...so much for the rules..I don't care :rochard:

+1

Maybe it's my age but I think that that as long as your entire look is cohesive then it is fine to match. I've seen very elegantly dressed ladies in monochrome colours and has one accessory (scarf/necklace/belt/bag/shoe/etc) that pops. It all depends on how you put them together and what you want to emphasize.

Right now it seems that mis-matching or colour-blocking is IN, some people know how to pull it off while others look like my children when they sometimes dressed themselves.

i'm quite conscious of what I'm wearing and don't like to make too many fashion faux pas (but how many times I've done this, I've lost count and not let it bother me). but my rule of thumb is, keep like shades together and have one statement item, whether it be shoes, bag, jewellery etc. because the chocolate brown and black are in the darker group, you can still have one statement piece if you wanted. for me, i try to keep my clothes neutral, or I have a reddish/pink coat to go with my bright pink bag to keep the colour co-ordination. sometimes, as long as you've got a similar colour in whatever you wear, even if it's just a little hint, it can still match

I'm from the generation of matching shoes with handbags, but, I don't always match them. If I'm carrying a handbag that's a bright color or a pop color, then I seldom wear footwear the same color. I wear footwear in a color that will compliment the handbag.

But, I absolutely won't mix handbag hardware colors with different hardware colors in jewelry. If I have a handbag with gold hardware, then I wear my gold watch and my other jewelry is also gold. The same goes for silver and other colors. Although I know that people do about anything these days, I have seen folks with all kinds of conflicting hardware colors and non-complimenting shoe and handbag colors (all worn at the same time) and it looked a hot mess. Ouch!

It isn't a matter of being fashion forward......I know that it is acceptable to mix. It would just bother me to no end knowing that my accessories didn't coordinate . It really is something that I wish I could get over......it would make life so much simpler! I quit wearing jewelery so there was one less thing to switch out (white vs gold metals) when I am getting ready for work. Coordinating bag, wallet, shoes and shades is already too much. :P
I wouldn't call coordinating and matching the same...

I agree that matching handbag and shoes does look elegant. However, whether to match the two or not depends a lot on what one is wearing and where one is going.

One evening, many years ago, I was crossing Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills, and a woman and a man were also in the crosswalk with me. They were both dressed up for the evening, but the woman was carrying an LV, (brown) monogram Speedy, and was wearing black evening, dressy shoes. She had on an evening type of outfit. OUCH! Although this happened nearly 10 years ago, the scary combination is still in my memory.

The woman never should have been carrying an LV, monogram Speedy with a dressy evening outfit and a big and brown one at that. Why wouldn't she have bought a black evening bag to match the shoes and look like she had completed her outfit? It would have been better to have dropped by T.J.Maxx and bought a nice, inexpensive black evening bag than to walk around with an expensive LV Speedy that totally didn't go with the outfit in either style or color.

So, matching bag (both color and style) and matching shoes would have been perfect in this situation. Matching shoes and handbags is not out of style or out of fashion. One needs to know when it's appropriate or necessary and when it's not. And one also needs to know how to pull it off if the shoes and handbag are of a different color; like in the Nicole Kidman photo where she's wearing same-tones all the way down to her shoes and then has a pop of red in the handbag. Plus, that's an elegant, casual look.

Love that POP!:love:

oh, here it is, one of Kidman's great looks, I admire her taste

bag is the accent...I like doing that as well

attachment.php

but, red shoes would not go well

this is what I do too since I know myself

I have purple jeans and the same "potent purple' Doc Martens, tall, to mu knees, and purple t-shirt, and red YSL Roady..it goes so well