Matching shoes w/ handbags?

Loty

Nov 13, 2005
How many of you buy matching bags AND shoes?:toung:

One of my most memorable at Nordstroms was:

It's good to match..and i usually do..but I don't really think about it lol:embarasse I randomly thought about it today...because over the summer while I was a Nordstroms some lady was dragging this poor sales guy all over the bag and shoe place. It was insane! She bought 5 coach purses with some matching Coach shoes, 2 Dooney Bourke handbags, a Kate Spade tote, 2 Burberry handbags, 2 Juice Couture bags, and 3 Kenneth Cole. AND she managed to find shoes that matched every single bag.

lol I know you can never have too many bags ;), but buying 15 bags at one time..wow i wish i had that kind of money to spend all at once..
it was kind of a amusing scene because she had them on the floor in this nice neat row with shoes infront of each one...i wish i got a picture of it:toung:

I have never bought shoes to match my bag or a bag to match my shoes. i think that looks a bit too over accesserized (sp?).

Especially if the shoes and bag are monogramed with a brand name(louis vuitton ,dooney, coach) ew!! Tacky! :weird:

Nice on their own but not the shoes AND the bag.

That's funny though, I would have liked to see that lady matching up everything.

Keeping with this topic - I just bought a brown leather IF bag and I do not have one pair of brown shoes - basically because I wear bllue, black and white jeans almost all the time - what is the rule here? Thx much.

^^ I wouldn't worry. I always think of my bag has having to go with the outerwear more than with the shoes. Brown goes beautifully with red, blue, yellow, lavender, pink. I'd avoid a black sweater or coat (don't know how cold it is where you are), but I think black shoes are really OK.

I agree with Iluvbags that I've never intentionally purchased matching accessories. I'm totally of the thought that it shouldn't matter as long as the color are in the same family. I'm not a huge fan of being too matchy.

Hey fashionistas! I have a question that I've seen mixed responses to and just wanted to see what you girls/guys thought about wearing shoes that match your handbag.

My shoes usually match with my shirt and then the handbag is just whatever goes with the outfit (and sometimes it'll match the shoes as well). For example I'll usually wear a black shirt w/ jeans and black heels/flats with my Louis Vuitton monogram or a colored purse to add color to the outfit.

But today I saw a pair of heels, more specifically these heels

p11059235_ph_hero.jpg

eluxury.com

and fell in love with it because I've been looking for shoes to wear with my trapeze and these would be perfect.
trapeze_2.jpg

However would you fashionistas consider that wearing both the handbag and the shoes would be 'overkill'? Of course my outfit would be a simple cream (or white) sweater with jeans and then the handbag and the shoes so there isn't too much pink.

Any suggestions for what shoes/outfits I can use the purse with? TIA

No way! Matching your shoes and bag is not overkill - it's just old school style.

I love matching anything! If Rafe sold sheets, furniture, or place settings in my favorite print, I would buy it in a heartbeat!

When it comes down to it, though, it is up to you. Don't follow strict "fashion rules". If it looks good, then wear it.

I think because the color of the monogram print on both the bag and shoes is light, not bold, that you can get away with it. It's not screaming "Look at me! I wear Louis Vuitton bags AND shoes!" If it were the monogram print in the Multicolore, it would be :sick: The pink and white is nice and subtle.

i match the style and color of my bag with the shoes but not the brand. I am a lvbag lover but I think their shoes look very tacky almost cheap with the logos. I hate logo shoes!!

why don't you try jimmy choos or manolos??
i don't like logo shoes and i tkink that there are few brands that make great shoes, and louis is not between these (but this is only my useless opinion).
Matching the bag with the shoe is old school, i think that sometimes matching the bag with the shoes is ridiculous, other times it is fine, it depends.

Hmmm...I'm torn on this issue. I think if everything else you wear is muted, than matching bag and shoe is fine. I think it gets to be way too much if everything else is in play....highlighting just the shoes and bag would be nice. I'm also really torn about logo shoes - I have a pair of black Gucci (black jacquard GG print) flats with a bamboo decoration, and I usually let those be the highlight of my outfit, although I still feel weird wearing them because of the logo.

I wouldn't do the matching thing. On the other hand, if you like the shoes and would wear them with another bag, I'd have no issues with the shoes on their own.

Not too big a deal, but I usuallly match my outfit only. Hair accessories match with the colour of your hair (not your outfit). And Bags are whatever I'm in favour of provided it's not too out there. That's my general rule.