Matching scarf/shawl...ideas?

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
Lillemy's post got me thinking. So many gals (ILBC, Flossie, Tiree to name a few) have lovely scarves to match their bags. I'm getting a putty leopard Bays clutch and I'd love to get a long, lightweight/sheer cashmere (or silk) scarf/shawl to go with it. Do you think a blk/wt leopard print would be too much? I have several Hermes and Chanel scarves but none that would match that well. I like the McQueen long silk skull scarf, in blk/wt, but I'm afraid it might be too much. I'm very tall so the longer, the better. I don't have the bag, yet...so it's hard for me to match. At least this will give me some ideas before the bag comes.

Last edited:
Skyqueen,I would suggest shooting off a PM to Flossie if she doesn't see your post, she might be able to give you some advice and since she already has one and as you rightly mentioned has a fabulous selection of scarves.

I wish I could offer advice but I always choose the wrong scarves, and look silly wearing them so I don't :smile:

Lovely choice of bag btw!

Good luck.

I agree with klp, plain might be best bet. Dior do some nice silk / cashmere shawls. Before I saw your location I was going to suggest a trip to Bicester but that would be a long way to travel for a scarf! :smile:

Oh, Hula...that's what I had in mind! On sale, no less. I found something like this in a very sheer cashmere, basically looks grey (from a distance) with a slight leopard pattern.
LV made the sheer leopard in grey but all sold out. I'm not a shrinking violet so this might be the ticket.

Hi , as Maple said I wear a lot of scarves with my bags . Post a pic of your bag with some of your scarves when you receive it . Today I used my Leopard clutch with my Sprouse roses hot pink scarf .

Hello, Flossie...I was hoping you'd chime in. As far as my scarves go the only one that may look good is my Tohu Bohu GM in framboise. Very bright!!! I wish I could find the blk/wt/grey color theme. The rest of my Hermes are too small (regular square) and very "horsey" and the Chanels too feminine. I liked Hula's idea, a muted leopard long scarf...just a hint of pattern. I bet your LV roses scarf looked smashing with your Bays!!!

Hi there , I have the framboise TB too , it's lovely . Infact it's on my profile pic .

There are a lot of leopard print shawls/scarves around this season . Are you in the UK or US ?
The AMcQ scarf would also look fabulous with this bag .

I'm in the US. I love the McQueen scarf, too. I just went on Ebay to check out the JC for H&M leopard scarf. I like this idea but most of the scarves are doubled in price...don't know if I want it that much, on principle. (But, thank you, Jackie).
I missed out on the lovely scarf Hula posted, too. The grey LV leopard is TDF but hard to find.
I'll keep looking...I'll know it when I see it. I really appreciate everyone's help!!!

I was also to suggest the JC for H&M, but understand your principle re double price. I managed to get hold on one from the pre-launch, but haven't tried it with my leopard bays clutch yet. A good idea! But might look better with the putty one, but will try it together with my coral. It will def go well with my RN bays though;)

Also loved to one Hula posted. Just saw a pink-ish leopard scarf at Mango (online), but might be too much. A plain coloured one, black or grey will also be nice.

I love scarves, but haven't really invested in any expensive ones, and not bought any to match my bags -yet. This is a great place to pic up some good ideas :smile:

Happy scarf hunting!