Matching scarf/shawl...ideas?

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
Lillemy's post got me thinking. So many gals (ILBC, Flossie, Tiree to name a few) have lovely scarves to match their bags. I'm getting a putty leopard Bays clutch and I'd love to get a long, lightweight/sheer cashmere (or silk) scarf/shawl to go with it. Do you think a blk/wt leopard print would be too much? I have several Hermes and Chanel scarves but none that would match that well. I like the McQueen long silk skull scarf, in blk/wt, but I'm afraid it might be too much. I'm very tall so the longer, the better. I don't have the bag, yet...so it's hard for me to match. At least this will give me some ideas before the bag comes.

Last edited:

maplecottage

Sep 20, 2008
Skyqueen,I would suggest shooting off a PM to Flossie if she doesn't see your post, she might be able to give you some advice and since she already has one and as you rightly mentioned has a fabulous selection of scarves.

I wish I could offer advice but I always choose the wrong scarves, and look silly wearing them so I don't :smile:

Lovely choice of bag btw!

Good luck.

Tote Girl

Nov 25, 2008
I agree with klp, plain might be best bet. Dior do some nice silk / cashmere shawls. Before I saw your location I was going to suggest a trip to Bicester but that would be a long way to travel for a scarf! :smile:

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
Oh, Hula...that's what I had in mind! On sale, no less. I found something like this in a very sheer cashmere, basically looks grey (from a distance) with a slight leopard pattern.
LV made the sheer leopard in grey but all sold out. I'm not a shrinking violet so this might be the ticket.

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
Hello, Flossie...I was hoping you'd chime in. As far as my scarves go the only one that may look good is my Tohu Bohu GM in framboise. Very bright!!! I wish I could find the blk/wt/grey color theme. The rest of my Hermes are too small (regular square) and very "horsey" and the Chanels too feminine. I liked Hula's idea, a muted leopard long scarf...just a hint of pattern. I bet your LV roses scarf looked smashing with your Bays!!!

Flossie

Apr 14, 2007
Hi there , I have the framboise TB too , it's lovely . Infact it's on my profile pic .

There are a lot of leopard print shawls/scarves around this season . Are you in the UK or US ?
The AMcQ scarf would also look fabulous with this bag .

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
I'm in the US. I love the McQueen scarf, too. I just went on Ebay to check out the JC for H&M leopard scarf. I like this idea but most of the scarves are doubled in price...don't know if I want it that much, on principle. (But, thank you, Jackie).
I missed out on the lovely scarf Hula posted, too. The grey LV leopard is TDF but hard to find.
I'll keep looking...I'll know it when I see it. I really appreciate everyone's help!!!

Lillemy_74

O.G.
Mar 5, 2009
I was also to suggest the JC for H&M, but understand your principle re double price. I managed to get hold on one from the pre-launch, but haven't tried it with my leopard bays clutch yet. A good idea! But might look better with the putty one, but will try it together with my coral. It will def go well with my RN bays though;)

Also loved to one Hula posted. Just saw a pink-ish leopard scarf at Mango (online), but might be too much. A plain coloured one, black or grey will also be nice.

I love scarves, but haven't really invested in any expensive ones, and not bought any to match my bags -yet. This is a great place to pic up some good ideas :smile:

Happy scarf hunting!