matching cabas/wallet/trio: yay or nay?

bellsbells

Nov 21, 2012
I lurve yellow, especially the "sun" shade Celine makes. First I bought a wallet in sun to go with the large bordeaux Trio I was buying. Then I bought a sun horiz cab as to use as an everyday bag and to carry my laptop. Next thing I know, I was asking the SA if by any chance they had any large Trios (it's kind of fun to be on the hunt for pieces that are rare). She said they had a sun and a navy at the Grenelle shop. Like a possessed person, I went straight there. But the time I got there the navy was reserved but the sun still available. I bought it.

So now I have the cabas, wallet, and Trio in sun. I guess there is such thing as too much of a good thing? Generally I will just use the wallet inside of one of the bags, but when I am traveling I can see how it might be useful to carry the Trio inside of the cabas, and to take it out and wear cross body when I need to have tickets and passports near at hand.

So the question is, will I look like a crazy dork if I am carrying a sun cabas and sun Trio at the same time (and pulling out a sun wallet to boot)??

starshar

May 2, 2011
I think too much sun is too much. Haha. I like that it pops with outfits like a 'bag candy' but not when it pops everywhere!

I would love to see some pics of your celine though!

cotonblanc

Aug 9, 2011
Honestly don't see anything wrong with having a set of bags and small leather goods in the same colour. If that's what you really like and enjoy wearing then have it your way.

And I don't think you'd have intentions of displaying all at once. Buy what you love and love what you buy!

bellsbells

Nov 21, 2012
Thanks cotonblanc! I do foresee some times when I will be using all 3 at once, like when traveling by air and I want to wear the Trio cross body for quick access to documents/wallet while carrying the cabas on my arm. I guess this will look pretty lame, like I wanted my Celines to match on purpose. Maybe this is going to give me an excuse to have to keep my bordeaux Trio too? (I was going to sell it after I got the sun one.) How would bordeaux Trio + sun cabas look together? Better than sun & sun?

cotonblanc

Aug 9, 2011
It's fine. I don't think it's a big deal to have and use bags of the same colour!

Your navy trio pouch would be gorgeous with Sun! I believe Phoebe has done such a combination for Spring 2011 with contrast white stitching!

bellsbells

Nov 21, 2012
Of course, my navy strapless already lives in the sun cabas and is very happy there! But I'm thinking I will want a cross body for air travel.

Try to picture me rushing through the airport, with the large sun Trio crossbody, the sun cabas in one hand, and my Kusama red LV Keepall over the other shoulder. I'll look funky, that's for sure.