Massai/Massai Cut questions

muchstuff

Incorrigible Bagaholic
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
I have become a bit obsessed with the Massai style and would love some advice. At 5’1” (apparently I’m an inch shorter than I thought :annoyed: ) and around 98 lbs could I rock the Massai PM? What does it hold compared to the Marwari PM? Which size Massai cut would work best for me? And I know next to nothing about leathers, I have a Clemence Marwari but that’s it so far. What leathers suit this style best? I like my bags less structured and slouchy. Thanks for any help!

As a not very tall person, knowing I lost a quarter of an inch was devastating! I can’t imagine a whole inch!!
Ok, back to the Massai. I think you would do better with a pm in the original massai, but I think you could do either size in a massai cut. I only have a massai cut in a 32 but the 40 does not seems to be a lot larger than the 32. My 32 does not hold much, I would compare it to a kelly 32 in what it can hold. The only leathers I can recall this style came in was Clemence and evercolor ( I think, don’t hold me to it!:lol:)
The massai cut and the Marwari are two of my favorite casual bags! Best of luck with finding yours!:flowers:

Reactions: More bags and keodi
As a not very tall person, knowing I lost a quarter of an inch was devastating! I can’t imagine a whole inch!!
Ok, back to the Massai. I think you would do better with a pm in the original massai, but I think you could do either size in a massai cut. I only have a massai cut in a 32 but the 40 does not seems to be a lot larger than the 32. My 32 does not hold much, I would compare it to a kelly 32 in what it can hold. The only leathers I can recall this style came in was Clemence and evercolor ( I think, don’t hold me to it!:lol:)
The massai cut and the Marwari are two of my favorite casual bags! Best of luck with finding yours!:flowers:
Yeah the height thing is a challenge :lol: . Thanks for the info, I don’t know what a Kelly 32 would hold as I only have the Marwari. Anyone else able to do a comparison?

The original Massai, if you do not want to try fishing in the dark for things, then do not go there. The Cut version eliminates the angst of where in this cavern is my — fill in the name of any item smaller than your wallet. definitely bypass a pm version for the cut, imo.

The original Massai, if you do not want to try fishing in the dark for things, then do not go there. The Cut version eliminates the angst of where in this cavern is my — fill in the name of any item smaller than your wallet. definitely bypass a pm version for the cut, imo.
Thanks, I read a similar comment on one of the threads. The cut seems to be harder to find, at least I haven’t seen one in a colour I’m interested in. I do have several “black hole” hobos, not sure whether or not to add another to the collection. But it looks so good on Jennifer Anniston...:lol:

Reactions: keodi
Thanks, I read a similar comment on one of the threads. The cut seems to be harder to find, at least I haven’t seen one in a colour I’m interested in. I do have several “black hole” hobos, not sure whether or not to add another to the collection. But it looks so good on Jennifer Anniston...:lol:
It's funny you should mention Jennifer Aniston! She looks amazing wearing them and like you, she is petite. I have the exact same two Massai's that she has: Graphite (GM) and Parchemine (PM). I also have a Massai Cut (32) in Bois de Rose. The Cut and the PM-sized versions get the most use--which is not much--as their overall sizes are not too unwieldy. The GM, although gorgeous, can be imposing; I'm 5'9" and I feel it's a LARGE bag. It's definitely a black hole, too. Painting with a broad-ish brush, I would say current-model equivalents to these bags are the Double Sens (45) = Massai (GM) and the Trim = both the Massai Cut (32) and the Massai (PM). To me, many Hermes styles feel like reiterations of older styles.

It's funny you should mention Jennifer Aniston! She looks amazing wearing them and like you, she is petite. I have the exact same two Massai's that she has: Graphite (GM) and Parchemine (PM). I also have a Massai Cut (32) in Bois de Rose. The Cut and the PM-sized versions get the most use--which is not much--as their overall sizes are not too unwieldy. The GM, although gorgeous, can be imposing; I'm 5'9" and I feel it's a LARGE bag. It's definitely a black hole, too. Painting with a broad-ish brush, I would say current-model equivalents to these bags are the Double Sens (45) = Massai (GM) and the Trim = both the Massai Cut (32) and the Massai (PM). To me, many Hermes styles feel like reiterations of older styles.
Thanks for this, I’d love to new able to try both sizes but I’m guessing the GM would be too big (did that with the Marwari GM and ended buying a PM instead). I’m wondering if the Massai PM will hold enough for me. Maybe I just need to stop carrying so much crap :lol: .

Reactions: StaceyLyn
I am 160 cm (=short), and hele I am with my regulær Massai PM. I like it a lot - casual, sits close to the body and stays on the shoulder. The key, however, is that it is North-South. If you don’t like that it is not a great bag. I come from Bottega Veneta and have enjoyed their hobos, but I actually like the Massai better, as I found that North-South works for me :smile:

8D70972D-75DC-4596-8A1C-9F8C89CE827E.jpeg

I am 160 cm (=short), and hele I am with my regulær Massai PM. I like it a lot - casual, sits close to the body and stays on the shoulder. The key, however, is that it is North-South. If you don’t like that it is not a great bag. I come from Bottega Veneta and have enjoyed their hobos, but I actually like the Massai better, as I found that North-South works for me :smile:

View attachment 4822981

Thanks for the photo, that really helps. I remember you from BV, nice to find you again! I'm a north/south gal for the most part so it's looking pretty tempting. I guess there's no way to get into it without taking it off of your shoulder but I seem to be getting more of those types of bags and I'm surviving it :lol:.

Reactions: 880 and LouiseCPH
I just got a larger massai cut. Was looking for a crossbody bag with a zipper that I can take traveling (once we can again ), so enough to fit in a lightweight jacket, water bottle, digital notepad, wallet, phone and phone charger.

It's definitely a bit big, but I'm still pretty happy with it because I'm not sure if the digital notebook would fit into the smaller massai cut.

I've tried the original massai, and it just wasn't cut right to wear crossbody on me.

Reactions: muchstuff
I just got a larger massai cut. Was looking for a crossbody bag with a zipper that I can take traveling (once we can again ), so enough to fit in a lightweight jacket, water bottle, digital notepad, wallet, phone and phone charger.

It's definitely a bit big, but I'm still pretty happy with it because I'm not sure if the digital notebook would fit into the smaller massai cut.

I've tried the original massai, and it just wasn't cut right to wear crossbody on me.
Any chance of a mod shot? The large is the 40 am I correct?