Massai/Massai Cut questions

Thanks, that's very helpful! Now I kinda wish I had the long strap for my PM, it's a nice style crossbody. You're so lucky, you've got the height to pull off the GM, I think it would be way too long on someone my height.
You are a STAR! thank you thank you!
First of all compared to the state I look whilst sorting out my yard you my dear are immaculate!
I do lOVE the GM but at only 5'3" like @muchstuff said I worry it'll look more like an apron on me than a bag!!!
Also seeing this I think I'd ideally like both straps but if push comes to shove and only one strap is available perhaps I'll go short and see if Hermes will make an extra strap...then again I like the X-body look Decisions Decisions..... :confused1:
Thank you both and I’m glad to help with pictures. Maxroxx, good luck with your search :smile: I’ll be watching for a reveal, fingers crossed...

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Thank you both and I’m glad to help with pictures. Maxroxx, good luck with your search :smile: I’ll be watching for a reveal, fingers crossed...
Well-thanks to your pictures I decided to pull the trigger yesterday on a PM on Vestiere Collective which came with only the long strap keeping my fingers crossed as I did so that perhaps Hermes would make a new short strap for it-Today I heard that VC have cancelled my order and issued a refund because the bag was not in the Very Good condition that was described.
I swear I went over and over the photos so I guess the seller must have doctored them because all they showed was the wear and tear she described...I'm relieved VC flagged it but the search continues!
I was SO looking forward to getting it too:sad:

@maxroxxherhandbags there are some dark blue ones on rebelle.com (happen to be in my wishlist, but I am trying to keep my purse peace....:biggrin:)
Thank YOU!!!-You're so kind alerting me to them
I just had a look-I assume Rebelle is like VC?
I must say I'm quite tempted but Blue wasn't initially on my Radar...However They are both Indigo so I'm rather tempted.
Have you purchased through this site before?

You are a STAR! thank you thank you!
First of all compared to the state I look whilst sorting out my yard you my dear are immaculate!
I do lOVE the GM but at only 5'3" like @muchstuff said I worry it'll look more like an apron on me than a bag!!!
Also seeing this I think I'd ideally like both straps but if push comes to shove and only one strap is available perhaps I'll go short and see if Hermes will make an extra strap...then again I like the X-body look Decisions Decisions..... :confused1:

For reference, I got a PM and tried to wear it crossbody with the longer strap, and it proved not to be long enough to work as a true crossbody. I'm 5'7".

Was able to return, as the bag had been improperly described, and very glad I was able to.

I must say I'm quite tempted but Blue wasn't initially on my Radar...However They are both Indigo so I'm rather tempted.
Yes, it is the same concept as VC, and I have shopped with them a couple of times, and they seem professional. I am happy with the H bags I bought from them :rolleyes:

Rebag has 3 massai 32s- blue, brown and red. I have been happy with my purchases from them. They don't specify the exact color name, but if you chat with them, they can pull it up and let you know.

• Love
@maxroxxherhandbags, I'm a little late to the party but hope this helps.
I am 5' 3" /1.60m (on a very good day) and I have a Massai 32 evergrain, probably ebene (mine is from 2001 and bought directly from H when it first came out).
Crossbody wear with the long strap is possible at our height, the opening hits me at high waist.
I prefer shoulder wear with the short strap though, I find the crossbody look awkward mainly bec my Massai is not soft enough to hug around the hip if you know what I mean. I think all the Massai's in whatever leather are like that though.
If only 1 strap is available, I would say get the long strap because you can always get extra holes punched to turn it into the short strap as well.
6EC23A26-DAD0-4F47-A22B-57A2D1BF0834.jpeg0AECEB2C-95C5-475E-9C4B-F8B201DAF455.jpegDDFDF564-F7B1-4D4B-B82A-2774D654B637.jpegCB0114AB-5FDC-4383-A5AF-A0365C03249E.jpeg

I am 5' 3" /1.60m (on a very good day) and I have a Massai 32 evergrain, probably ebene (mine is from 2001 and bought directly from H when it first came out).
Crossbody wear with the long strap is possible at our height, the opening hits me at high waist.
I prefer shoulder wear with the short strap though, I find the crossbody look awkward mainly bec my Massai is not soft enough to hug around the hip if you know what I mean. I think all the Massai's in whatever leather are like that though.
If only 1 strap is available, I would say get the long strap because you can always get extra holes punched to turn it into the short strap as well.
View attachment 5062038View attachment 5062039View attachment 5062040View attachment 5062041

That looks so good crossbody on you!

For my next bag I'll see if I can find one that matches the Massai cuts I have, maybe I can use the longer strap that comes with the cut style to make it work cross-body for me

Rebag has 3 massai 32s- blue, brown and red. I have been happy with my purchases from them. They don't specify the exact color name, but if you chat with them, they can pull it up and let you know.
Thank you! yes Rebag are great-I brought a beautiful Loewe from them and it was in perfect condition and a really good price too.
Shipping to Europe is a bit £££ but if the price of the item is fair its well worth it.

View attachment 5062038View attachment 5062039View attachment 5062040View attachment 5062041
Thank you.
Thats REALLY good advice! and its such a help seeing it on someone my height and similar build.
THANK YOU THANK YOU :heart: :heart: :happydance:

Thank you.
Thats REALLY good advice! and its such a help seeing it on someone my height and similar build.
THANK YOU THANK YOU :heart: :heart: :happydance:
My pleasure.
I second or is it third, about Rebag. I’m not affiliated with them, just have sold and bought thru them from their start up days.
‘if you are located in the US, their return policy is a plus.
GL with the hunting :biggrin:

My pleasure.
I second or is it third, about Rebag. I’m not affiliated with them, just have sold and bought thru them from their start up days.
‘if you are located in the US, their return policy is a plus.
GL with the hunting :biggrin:
I'm based in the UK :sad: Which since we left the EU makes purchasing pre-loved H much more expensive as there are so few shops selling a decent variety of second hand Hermes bags other than B & K over here. adding 20% import tax on everything in addition to shipping costs....very annoying...:annoyed:
I'm very tempted by the dark brown one on Rebag at the moment especially because it has both straps but the thing holding me back is the fact it has gold HW and I'm not crazy about the idea of gold and brown together in case it makes it too 'warm' I find brown and silver an interesting contrast somehow...or maybe I'm overthinking this I'm normally laid back about Hardware!
Honestly this is turning into an obsession now-I'm boring myself with it :biggrin:.
My husband even messaged me at work today and asked "any bag news??" .....I think I'm boring him too!
As long as I'm not boring my fellow Massai lovers...
I'm SO grateful for your input in this 'journey' :heart:

I'm based in the UK :sad: Which since we left the EU makes purchasing pre-loved H much more expensive as there are so few shops selling a decent variety of second hand Hermes bags other than B & K over here. adding 20% import tax on everything in addition to shipping costs....very annoying...:annoyed:
I'm very tempted by the dark brown one on Rebag at the moment especially because it has both straps but the thing holding me back is the fact it has gold HW and I'm not crazy about the idea of gold and brown together in case it makes it too 'warm' I find brown and silver an interesting contrast somehow...or maybe I'm overthinking this I'm normally laid back about Hardware!
Honestly this is turning into an obsession now-I'm boring myself with it :biggrin:.
My husband even messaged me at work today and asked "any bag news??" .....I think I'm boring him too!
As long as I'm not boring my fellow Massai lovers...
I'm SO grateful for your input in this 'journey' :heart:
I totally empathize about Brexit really really cramping our hobby :annoyed:
Gold hw for the vintage bags tend to be light as opposed to yellow, so I'm pretty neutral towards gold hw in the vintage bags but yes it's a matter of personal preference!
Not boring at all or ever. Happens with me from time to time, the obsessing .... and i think pandemic probably amped it up ... my last "project" was a Bolide 35 but it had to be relaxed sikkim. Go figure.