Massai Cut?

I was recently exploring the Massai Cut, as well...hoping to add a true shoulder bag to my collection. The 40cm works better for me...but I have a bit of trouble with the pricepoint given that it's lined in toile...much prefer leather lining in spite of the added weight. S'mom, have you considered the 37cm Paris Bombay (High)? It holds so much, is lined in VN and fits over the shoulder nicely. :flowers:

Do you think a trim, in a very slouchy leather, would give a more relaxed appearance? I agree the the trim is a bit more formal but I always thought that it was because of the leather choice.

could be - my smaller one is in epsom and my larger is toile & Barenia. The epsom is much more structured where the toile & barenia is slouchier and totally more casual but not hip chic casual like either Massai

I was recently exploring the Massai Cut, as well...hoping to add a true shoulder bag to my collection. The 40cm works better for me...but I have a bit of trouble with the pricepoint given that it's lined in toile...much prefer leather lining in spite of the added weight. S'mom, have you considered the 37cm Paris Bombay (High)? It holds so much, is lined in VN and fits over the shoulder nicely. :flowers:

I've never thought of the Bombay as a shoulder bag! I've always worried that it was too east/west for me....too long. KWIM? I'd love to see it, LUCIANA....do you have one?

I've never thought of the Bombay as a shoulder bag! I've always worried that it was too east/west for me....too long. KWIM? I'd love to see it, LUCIANA....do you have one?

I do, S'Mom, it's my only non-black/rouge H, to date. It's fabulous in terms of workmanship and the styling is, in my opinion, quite sophisticated. I don't have any "action" photos...and my camera is currently not available. :flowers:

I did post a comparison shot in the reference section of the 37cm high vs. the 40 cm. Perhaps this will illustrate the option for carrying on the shoulder...regards!!

Last edited:
S'Mom - yup .. those pics were taken in '08/ first generation - I thought I typed that phrase :biggrin:

anyhoo .. was trying to comment on how the cut would not be too difficult to wear ..
since it still translates uber-chic from J anniston's pic('08) to robee's pic('10) .. :P

Have you tried the Trim II suggested .. hopefully your store has both for you to try ..
Mine .. sadly only has the Massai cut, although I feel the 40 is roomier.
For that price point, I rather get the Marwari^

But I think Jennifer ANiston's is a Massai not the Masaai Cut...right?

Last edited:
I bought a Massai cut (the larger one) and really like it. It holds a lot. It is comfortable on and I love the leather. This was my first Hermes and then I bought a Dogon wallet for it.

I think the Cut or the Trim II would look fantastic on you! :flowers:

I haven't tried the Cut but I do have a toile/epsom Trim II and it holds a lot and is casual/comfortable. Even more comfortable to carry than my Evelyne! :tup:

Thanks, ladies.......ROBEEE, you look lovely! Thank you for the photo....

I don't know. I'm looking for a nice, casual, roomy shoulder bag and I thought this might do the trick BUT I'm not sure. And nowadays, if I'm contemplating a purchase from the store, I want to be 101% sure before I jump. I'm not sure this bag will age with me....and at this point, it has to! LOL!!!!

S'Mom, would you consider a BV Cabat? I was looking at Hermes bag for the same reason but ended up with a Cabat and just love it.

S'Mom - I went on a research mission to the boutique today (poor me;)) and the PM Massai Cut is quite small, and I think its narrow opening makes it even smaller. The GM Cut is wider and taller, but the narrowness of the opening makes it difficult to get in and out of it (and it's pretty dang big!).

I also looked at the Trims, and they have a similar problem; the narrowness of the opening compromises what little they offer in the girth of the gusset, if that makes any sense. I'm looking for a bag I can just throw stuff in as I go thru the day and that can start out with a large-ish wallet, eyeglass case, phone/ipod and a small cosmetic case for the usual stuff. I'm thinking that the Trim isn't the answer I'd hoped it would be.

HTH; I did not leave the boutique empty-handed, but that's another story. :graucho:

I'm with you on this, TEXTILEGIRL.....I need ease of entry and exit. I want to toss stuff inside and rummage around to find it. I have plenty of structured bags and now I'm looking for a shoulder bag that I don't have to think too much about but that still has some style and chic.....

I love the massai cut. I have a 32cm in iris clemence. It fits my wallet, phone, agenda, keys, compact, lippie... basically the essentials.... but sometimes that's all you need you know. I personally prefer the shorter strap, cos it hugs better and also I'm not really into the cross-shoulder look. The massai cut is a real "chill" bag. I highly recommend it.