Massaccesi Handbags

This was not my experience when using the Renapur. The Renapur was completely absorbed within about 20 minutes, and the distressed creases in the leather show up just as they did before, except the slightly powdery dry look is gone. It is supposed to be used very, very sparingly. I’m not sure if that could have caused the greasy, coated feel? But glad the Bick 4 worked so well for you.
I guess I must have been a bit heavyhanded with it :oh::sad:

Does anybody know how often is there a sale? Does MM do one in Spring? Or does he only do sales on specific leathers?
I know there was a time pre-kickstarter when there were many sales but I don’t know if that is still the norm

Does anybody know how often is there a sale? Does MM do one in Spring? Or does he only do sales on specific leathers?
I know there was a time pre-kickstarter when there were many sales but I don’t know if that is still the norm
No, kickstarter is in the past.
You can find all previous sales or "promos" since November 2019 on the blog,- https://www.marcomassaccesi.it/blog-1 (amongst customer reviews).

Promos / sales come really frequently, usually for a new leather or a new bag model. Once or twice a year there has been a general sale with 20% off all bags.

Marco does frequent sales, on major holidays, when he gets a new leather, just because, lol. He has more than most anyone!!

Renapur or Bick 4 for Tuscania...?

A month or so ago I applied Renapur on one side of my Calista in Midnight Ble Tuscania. Then a couple of weeks ago I applied Bick 4 on the other side.

WOW!!! What a difference :whut:

These 2 products are completely different (Renapur resembles a tub of grease and you apply it with a sponge, Bick 4 resembles body lotion and is applied with a soft cloth).

Bick 4 was instantly absorbed by the leather, even when applied generously. According to the info on the bottle, it does add a layer of protection. 2 weeks later, the Bick 4 side of the bag feels slightly smoother than the untreated interior leather. Apart from the smooth feel, it looks and feels the same as the untreated Tuscania.

Renapur, even when used sparingly, left a greasy coat on the leather. By the next day, the grease was absorbed. However, both the feel and appearance of the leather was changed and has remained so. It definately feels less dry / far better moisturized, but in a slightly disconcerting way it also feels thicker,- the leather feels as if it now consists of 2 layers! And as if the topmost, very thin layer is slightly lifted from the lower layer. The appearance of the leather is also very different,- the pale "crease"-lines, (the main characteristic of Tuscania) are no longer visible, the Renapur leather is uniformly Midnight Blue in colour.

I wonder if Renapur is too heavy / greasy for Tuscania.
I am reminded of when I ruined a lovely pair of leather gloves when I applied a greasy conditioner....

So I prefer Bick 4. (Though I have now noticed that it says on the bottle not to use it on distressed leather!).

And I think Tuscania is supposed to feel dry.
I've used Renapur when restoring vintage leather. You need to buff it well with a horsehair brush. That will help it absorb into the leather and help make any greasy feeling go away. It may take buffing it several times over a period of several weeks for it to fully absorb. It sounds like you applied too much on your initial application. It needs to be applied extremely sparingly and then buffed really well as soon as you apply it.

Reactions: BittyMonkey
I've used Renapur when restoring vintage leather. You need to buff it well with a horsehair brush. That will help it absorb into the leather and help make any greasy feeling go away. It may take buffing it several times over a period of several weeks for it to fully absorb. It sounds like you applied too much on your initial application. It needs to be applied extremely sparingly and then buffed really well as soon as you apply it.
This is really interesting! I wonder why the brush-buffing helps absorbtion?

Personally, I don't think I would dare to buff Tuscania with a brush, it is such a thin leather and I imagine the distressed /cracked surface makes it extra vulnerable to friction.

The greasy feeling was completely gone by the morning after I applied Renapur, so I assume it was fully absorbed. It just slightly changed the leather....:hrmm:

... as I am not that you have shown me your diva. That’s exactly the style that I had in mind but in baby blue straw! Do you remember the price of your diva? Oh boy...

Hi! Thank you, this Diva Midi is super cute, I agree! Sorry to enable you haha. I don't remember the price...once in a blue moon, if Marco created a bag for a promo shoot or a prototype, he will sell the "sample" at a discount. That's how I got this one. The downside is that you can't really customize anything since it's been already made...though I did ask if he could change out the closure to a plain one instead of one with tassels and that was easy for him to do so he did do that for me.

And I agree with all that Marco has promos fairly often...for sure he always does one around Thanksgiving time.

Reactions: BagsAndCarbs
Does anybody have the black metallic leather? Is it very different from the blue africa he used to have? I can’t see the metallic part of it in the website picture, it just looks like regular pebbled leather. A Sabrina in that leather with gunmetal harware would be edgy and beautiful

Reactions: djfmn
Does anybody have the black metallic leather? Is it very different from the blue africa he used to have? I can’t see the metallic part of it in the website picture, it just looks like regular pebbled leather. A Sabrina in that leather with gunmetal harware would be edgy and beautiful

I think it will be quite different in colour as well as texture. Africa has large pebbled texture, while metallic is not as exaggerated. In terms of colour, if you look at the first and third Zhoe here, you can see even though black metallic is only on the trim of the third bag, the colour difference is obvious.

I have a blue metallic and find the metallic sheen very subtle, so black will probably be even more so. There's one posted here.

If you want the metallic sheen to be more obvious, perhaps consider a lighter colour.

Reactions: afroken
This is really interesting! I wonder why the brush-buffing helps absorbtion?

Personally, I don't think I would dare to buff Tuscania with a brush, it is such a thin leather and I imagine the distressed /cracked surface makes it extra vulnerable to friction.

The greasy feeling was completely gone by the morning after I applied Renapur, so I assume it was fully absorbed. It just slightly changed the leather....:hrmm:
Buffing helps open the pores of the leather so that the conditioner can absorb more readily. A horsehair brush will not damage the leather. I have a Tuscania bag, and I've buffed it with a horsehair brush with no issues. The brush is very soft. I don't think it would damage any kind of leather.

Reactions: Fancyfree
@lenie @bonniekir @smile10281 How are you all liking your Grande Penelope Messenger? It seems few people have this newer style and I can't find many pictures of it. I want something in dark green vachetta, and am deciding between the GPM and regular sized Modena.

@pdxhb How are you liking your dark green vachetta Modena? Do you think Vachetta is a good choice for this style? Does it look and feel very professional, and thus less suited for casual outfits? What hardware did you choose to go with dark green vachetta?

Anyone else have any thoughts on these 2 styles in Vachetta? I want something that I can use for work as well as casual weekends. Modena is comfortable and looks great, just a little too big (midi is too small). I like the clean lines of GPM and its 3 compartments, but it looks a little plain. So torn, it's hard to decide!

Last edited: