Massaccesi Handbags

Is the Persian green metallic leather already long gone? That recent Soulmate post makes my heart full of thumping and my eyes full of coveting.
No there is enough for one more handbag any style that he has left. A friend of mine wanted a bag in this leather but decided to go with Sorrento instead of the Persian Green metallic.

Reactions: jbags07
I am working my way through old posts. I was wondering when Miss M was going to be mentioned in the top three discussion. I think especially the Little Miss M is such a classy style and hope some day to have one. There are some colorblocked Little Miss Ms out there I will pounce on if they ever end up on the BST. I don't think Miss M and her Little sister ever caught on like some of Marco's other styles, but she has a special place in my heart.
I could easily have put the Little Miss M in my top three favorite bags. I think I remember posting after I received it that I could not believe I waited so long to try that style. It is understated compared to many of his other styles, but it is so easy to use and carry. I agree it is very classy.

I did a search on this thread; I think @girliegirl just received one recently. I also found these two older informative posts from the first one to post about owning a Star backpack:

And @Devyn Danielle, I went for it! I am getting Deep Blue Sorrento. Even though I still want to try a Theia Midi, I decided to go for an Angel Midi. It's another style I haven't tried and these days, I am needing the exterior pockets. I poured over @tenKrat's past photos of hers (thank you!) and am going for the non-tassel version. I also am adding a wider messenger strap and for the first time I have added an interior water bottle pocket!

Another side note to mention that actually goat leather is usually more expensive than calf leather, so the fact that Marco is offering it at a discounted Pebbled / Nappa price is incredible.
Indeed I do! I just got in in the last month. If you’d like any info about the Star backpack, happy to provide.

Indeed I do! I just got in in the last month. If you’d like any info about the Star backpack, happy to provide.
Oh yes please and thank you @girliegirl !! How are you enjoying the star backpack? What do you usually fit and carry it for? I’m a mum to a one year old and since I’ve got a few totes and crossbody style from mm (X2 selene,soulmate, mini zhoe, zhoe legend, pene crossbody, aura) I thought I would try a backpack! Just not sure how much use I would get out of it :nuts::nuts:

@satchelme_saddleme18, yes, this is dark chocolate merinos! (You know I love my Soulmate Midi when she's in my avatar haha!)

@Fancyfree, I also was thinking of doing different handles! Here is someone's version with shorter handles:View attachment 4785248

I am so impressed with the visual you created! It's so cool to see the handles all in one place. I myself actually was thinking of asking for Arianna handles since I think it'd be nice for them to bend down. Then I thought the metal attachment for the Arianna handles might interfere with access to the pockets. I also considered Athena handles but then I thought those might stick up too far to look okay, so I just decided to keep the handles as is. I figured the standard Angel handles are similar to handles I have on some my totes, and those don't seem to bother me. However, I think the Siena handles or the Victoria style handles you pictured would work great!
So interesting that you have had the same ponderings over Angel straps as me, @christinemliu :smile: .
Usually, I go for as little hardware as possible on my bags. But I do feel the Angel straps would visually benefit from some sort of addition.

I'm leaning towards elongated Siena handles, but need to be certain thal these straps would be comfortable on my shoulder. I wonder if they are similar in shape to Longchamp Pliage handles?

Also, I have just realized that the buckle of the Aura strap might be a possibility
1594543597186.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jbags07
Every few months, I decide I want an Angel Midi. And then, for some reason, I decide against it :frown:.
I have finally figured out why :facepalm:. The handles!

I love the bag, especially the non-tassel version. But I am not keen on the appearance of the handles (they do look comfy, though).

I'm sure Marco would make whatever MM handles I ask for.
But I'm finding it really difficult to choose. I've made a sort of compilation of options:
View attachment 4785156
but I am non the wiser. I am unable to envision how these handles would look on Angel. Maybe I should just stick with the regular Angel handles..

Any suggestions? I'd be really grateful for any input, opinions or ideas!

Every few months, I decide I want an Angel Midi. And then, for some reason, I decide against it :frown:.
I have finally figured out why :facepalm:. The handles!

I love the bag, especially the non-tassel version. But I am not keen on the appearance of the handles (they do look comfy, though).

I'm sure Marco would make whatever MM handles I ask for.
But I'm finding it really difficult to choose. I've made a sort of compilation of options:
View attachment 4785156
but I am non the wiser. I am unable to envision how these handles would look on Angel. Maybe I should just stick with the regular Angel handles..

Any suggestions? I'd be really grateful for any input, opinions or ideas!
I have an Angela Midi and I stick with the original handles, however I lengthen it 2in and it's perfect. one of my favorite bags!

So interesting that you have had the same ponderings over Angel straps as me, @christinemliu :smile: .
Usually, I go for as little hardware as possible on my bags. But I do feel the Angel straps would visually benefit from some sort of addition.

I'm leaning towards elongated Siena handles, but need to be certain thal these straps would be comfortable on my shoulder. I wonder if they are similar in shape to Longchamp Pliage handles?

Also, I have just realized that the buckle of the Aura strap might be a possibility
View attachment 4785533
My handle thoughts were somewhat influenced by @tenKrat, because I believe at some point she had mentioned sometimes wondering what to do with the handles. I did see in one pic that she tucks them inward sometimes, which is a nice and neat solution.
Would the buckle on the Aura strap though compromise the access to the exterior pockets a little? I'm just thinking if you kept your phone in one of those pockets.
Here is a pic of elongated Siena handles, I grabbed it from the website but I think it's @TotinScience's bag...sorry if I am mistaken!:

Siena extended handles.PNG

Marco's straps usually are comfortable, but I think the softer leathers (like it seems Sorrento is) would mold more, like the Longchamp handles do and be even more comfortable? Just a thought. Maybe @TotinScience has experience with her straps.
I'm kind of excited to see what you decide on, because maybe I would do the same on a future order haha! However, like @djfmn, the Miss M talk is also making me interested in that style...or if Marco does come out with a camera crossbody style, I would really be interested too. I have long admired the Gucci Soho Disco shape, though I didn't like the huge letters. I don't have anything like that at the moment...I am thinking many of us are doing more quick errand types these days and are using smaller bags more as well.

Last edited:
My handle thoughts were somewhat influenced by @tenKrat, because I believe at some point she had mentioned sometimes wondering what to do with the handles. I did see in one pic that she tucks them inward sometimes, which is a nice and neat solution.
Would the buckle on the Aura strap though compromise the access to the exterior pockets a little? I'm just thinking if you kept your phone in one of those pockets.
Here is a pic of elongated Siena handles, I grabbed it from the website but I think it's @TotinScience's bag...sorry if I am mistaken!:

View attachment 4785725

Marco's straps usually are comfortable, but I think the softer leathers (like it seems Sorrento is) would mold more, like the Longchamp handles do and be even more comfortable? Just a thought. Maybe @TotinScience has experience with her straps.
I'm kind of excited to see what you decide on, because maybe I would do the same on a future order haha! However, like @djfmn, the Miss M talk is also making me interested in that style...or if Marco does come out with a camera crossbody style, I would really be interested too. I have long admired the Gucci Soho Disco shape, though I didn't like the huge letters. I don't have anything like that at the moment...I am thinking many of us are doing more quick errand types these days and are using smaller bags more as well.
Wow, that is one cool and unusual Siena! Will the owner please tell us whether the "shoulder handles" are comfy?

I see your point, @christinemliu, about buckles getting in the way. Although I don't think I'd use the front pockets for my phone, I'd probably use the rear pocket. Hmm... What would I be putting in the front pockets...

Actually, since I started using Penelope Midis in Fiore I hardly use pockets :P. So I'm not absolutely certain why I want a bag with loads of pockets :whut::rolleyes::giggle:. What's more, I envision it in a leather Marco no longer has,- Chocolate Verona!

Oh dear, the crazy obsession of bags ...

Last edited:
Reactions: christinemliu
My first 'white box from Italy' arrived today. Soulmate-Midi. Persian green metallic leather. Black lining. Dark gunmetal hardware. No center compartment. The Persian green metallic is everything... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Advice, please. How much filler/stuffing should I use when storing the soulmate in a metallic leather? @coach943

My second box should arrive next week. I bought them separately, and paid separate shipping. Each bag was under the customs limit. Together they'd be well over the customs limit. The extra shipping cost was much less than the customs charge if they were ordered and shipped together. Just a thought when you order...
View attachment 4783094View attachment 4783095
I keep mine stuffed with the same stuffing that Marco shipped it in. It will soften a bit over time, so I think keeping quite a bit of stuffing in it helps it keep its shape. I have several Soulmates/Midi Soulmates. I store them together on a shelf and kind of let them lean onto each other.

I love the dark gunmetal hardware. It is so beautiful! Enjoy it!

• Love
Reactions: JenJBS
Wow, that is one cool and unusual Siena! Will the owner please tell us whether the "shoulder handles" are comfy?

I see your point, @christinemliu, about buckles getting in the way. Although I don't think I'd use the front pockets for my phone, I'd probably use the rear pocket. Hmm... What would I be putting in the front pockets...

Actually, since I started using Penelope Midis in Fiore I hardly use pockets :P. So I'm not absolutely certain why I want a bag with loads of pockets :whut::rolleyes::giggle:. What's more, I envision it in a leather Marco no longer has,- Chocolate Verona!

Oh dear, the crazy obsession of bags ...
That is, in fact, my Siena with 10 inch handles in Sauro Tan Vachetta :smile:. I don't wear it often, but it is my forever bag because nothing beats it for traveling with a laptop (traveling - remember her? lol). Straps are actually fairly comfortable, despite it being a very heavy bag when it's fully loaded with all my stuff. They also softened quite a bit, since Vachetta relaxes with age. I imagine in a softer leather to begin with, they might be even more comfortable and floppy.