Massaccesi Handbags

I am so excited to reveal my Juliet Midi - fashioned out of Eggplant Laminato Metallic leather with Dark Cherry Nappa leather accents, I gasped when I pulled this beauty out of the MM dustbag. Even in poor indoor lighting at night, this metallic leather is absolutely stunning - it shines wherever light hits it and the color is so purple. The purple is my holy grail purple - saturated, with slightly more red than blue tones (though the metallic and the Dark Cherry Nappa accents appear to give it more red undertones). Marco suggested gold lining - I was skeptical at first but it's a glorious eye-popping contrast to the metallic bag, and quite beautiful against both the Eggplant Laminato and the Dark Cherry Nappa.

The Juliet Midi is very soft and pliable and fits SO Much more than expected, due to the bauletto shape. While the opening may be slightly problematic when the bag is fully stuffed/filled, because of the pliable leather it's easy to pull the opening apart to see the inside. The hardware is weighty as I've come to expect, but the zipper works very smoothly, though a one-handed zip all the way to the edges likely isn't possible. However, if both zippers are at the top near the middle, it seems to consistently pull to the top edge with one hand. I definitely like that this has two zippers and not one - it gives it a little more versatility.

I did not request any modifications to the bag's structure itself, aside from additional backing, but the Dark Cherry accents are a beautiful complement to the metallic leather. Some of you might recall that I was considering the Purple Nappa vs the Dark Cherry, and it is unexpected for me to say this (being a huge purple lover) but the Dark Cherry was the way to go. It has a very similar coloring to the metallic purple but on closer inspection it provides a nice textural contrast. The Nappa, Marco tells me, should also be a little more durable than the metallic, which will offer more longevity to the most-touched areas on the bag (the underside of the crossbody strap and the handles).

For those curious - the outside zip pocket does fit a smartphone if you have a small enough smartphone. I use a Google Pixel 3 with a Moment case, which is average sized (neither very bulky nor very slim). It doesn't slide in easily (i.e. I couldn't simply drop or shove it in like I could an exterior slip pocket), but if you angle the phone in it does fit comfortably in the exterior zip pocket. I was able to pull it in and out easily once I figured out the angle it needed to go in.

And now what you've been waiting for - pictures! The first four are indoor lighting, everything else is indoor with natural indirect morning light.
Wow, great pictures. I remember when you were so undecided about the accent color. And Marco always comes through with lining colors. The bag is stunning and you have a one of a kind!

I am so excited to reveal my Juliet Midi - fashioned out of Eggplant Laminato Metallic leather with Dark Cherry Nappa leather accents, I gasped when I pulled this beauty out of the MM dustbag. Even in poor indoor lighting at night, this metallic leather is absolutely stunning - it shines wherever light hits it and the color is so purple. The purple is my holy grail purple - saturated, with slightly more red than blue tones (though the metallic and the Dark Cherry Nappa accents appear to give it more red undertones). Marco suggested gold lining - I was skeptical at first but it's a glorious eye-popping contrast to the metallic bag, and quite beautiful against both the Eggplant Laminato and the Dark Cherry Nappa.

The Juliet Midi is very soft and pliable and fits SO Much more than expected, due to the bauletto shape. While the opening may be slightly problematic when the bag is fully stuffed/filled, because of the pliable leather it's easy to pull the opening apart to see the inside. The hardware is weighty as I've come to expect, but the zipper works very smoothly, though a one-handed zip all the way to the edges likely isn't possible. However, if both zippers are at the top near the middle, it seems to consistently pull to the top edge with one hand. I definitely like that this has two zippers and not one - it gives it a little more versatility.

I did not request any modifications to the bag's structure itself, aside from additional backing, but the Dark Cherry accents are a beautiful complement to the metallic leather. Some of you might recall that I was considering the Purple Nappa vs the Dark Cherry, and it is unexpected for me to say this (being a huge purple lover) but the Dark Cherry was the way to go. It has a very similar coloring to the metallic purple but on closer inspection it provides a nice textural contrast. The Nappa, Marco tells me, should also be a little more durable than the metallic, which will offer more longevity to the most-touched areas on the bag (the underside of the crossbody strap and the handles).

For those curious - the outside zip pocket does fit a smartphone if you have a small enough smartphone. I use a Google Pixel 3 with a Moment case, which is average sized (neither very bulky nor very slim). It doesn't slide in easily (i.e. I couldn't simply drop or shove it in like I could an exterior slip pocket), but if you angle the phone in it does fit comfortably in the exterior zip pocket. I was able to pull it in and out easily once I figured out the angle it needed to go in.

And now what you've been waiting for - pictures! The first four are indoor lighting, everything else is indoor with natural indirect morning light.
I love your review. The way you highlighted aspects of the color, the process, and the bag itself was wonderful. Marco really thinks of so many details...how the leather will wear over time! Not only is he big on quality but also on longevity.
This Juliet Midi really is stunning. I love how much she's both beautiful, a classic shape, that looks so great crossbody but also on your arm, but also so functional. The way your stuff fits in your bag organizer is cool! I usually "file" my stuff in the Juliet Midi.
Oh man...all these posts and pics are making my wishlist longer...now I want another Juliet too, maybe just the original size...

Here's the thing - it isn't that small. In fact, it's a pretty big clutch if you use it that way. It doesn't really fit in the hand that nicely, so I would need to hold it under the arm if I were holding a glass or something. Luckily the chain is long enough to put over my shoulder, but most people could probably benefit from asking for a longer chain (maybe 3 inches or so).

But it is definitely a classy bag and the closest thing MM has to an evening bag that I know of.
Thank you for your valuable insight. This is all good to know. Hmm, would you consider MM's Stella an evening bag? She is small though.

Great review! That is one beautiful bag specimen. I love the black cherry with the purple. Pic #3 made me gasp.

I love your review. The way you highlighted aspects of the color, the process, and the bag itself was wonderful. Marco really thinks of so many details...how the leather will wear over time! Not only is he big on quality but also on longevity.
This Juliet Midi really is stunning. I love how much she's both beautiful, a classic shape, that looks so great crossbody but also on your arm, but also so functional. The way your stuff fits in your bag organizer is cool! I usually "file" my stuff in the Juliet Midi.
Oh man...all these posts and pics are making my wishlist longer...now I want another Juliet too, maybe just the original size...

Marco and I had an interesting discussion about beauty/aesthetic vs practicality and longevity, when we were discussing my order for this bag! I actually got the idea for the colorblocking from the Flor sample of the Juliet Midi, and when I brought this up to him as a possibility for increasing the life of my bag, he agreed that with the right color/leather that could definitely work.

Wow, great pictures. I remember when you were so undecided about the accent color. And Marco always comes through with lining colors. The bag is stunning and you have a one of a kind!

Great review! That is one beautiful bag specimen. I love the black cherry with the purple. Pic #3 made me gasp.

I agree! The addition of the black cherry adds some visual interest, not just in the color but also with the texture! I love the way Marco did the crossbody strap too - it's the eggplant laminato on one side, and black cherry nappa on the "bottom"/second side.

I think using the metallic all over would have been fine, but I think the addition of the Nappa leather adds a little something to an already lovely bag.

I am usually able to narrow down lining choices to 2-3 colors, but you're right, Marco has such a great eye. Every suggestion he has given me, I have loved.

WOW this is a gorgeous bag!! I just love the nappa accent - it really adds a certain something to the whole look. Enjoy this beauty!

And here are some mod shots (please excuse the sockless/shoeless feet!) and a quick shot of the insides filled up. As a note, I typically do not use bag organizers, but I had this one from yesterday's tote and literally pulled it out and stuffed it into the Juliet Midi. I was able to fit a small water bottle (12 oz.) inside next to the organizer. I also took a comparison shot of the one that fits (with the bamboo cap, on the right) with other water bottles, such as the S'well Traveler Mug (16 oz.) and bkr little bottle (500 mL).

I believe I have a 3" handle drop, but I haven't measured it yet. I'll try to take another picture with measuring tape later today. With a 3" handle drop I was able to fit it comfortably on my wrist, but doubt I would be able to do so with a thick jacket. I do not think this handle drop would allow for elbow carry.

Congrats, she's a beauty! All the modeling and open bag pics are so helpful too. Enjoy your new bag!