Massaccesi Handbags

I'm on my phone right now so I can't write a full review, but I have to say that I am actually speechlessly gobsmacked by my new MM bags, and that was never a word I thought I could use to describe a handbag. I will share more thoughts tomorrow but I am SO excited to share!

Here are a couple of teaser photos... Juliet Midi in Laminato Eggplant Metallic and Victoria Midi in Amethyst Verona.

View attachment 4656757 View attachment 4656758
What a lovely lining for your Victoria Midi in Amethyst Verona.
I am so interested in knowing what lining you picked for the Juliet Midi in Eggplant Laminato Metallic.
The Laminato Metallic leather really is so nice.
That bottle holder really is a good idea, I always stick my water bottle to the sides but I will consider it now.
Please post more picture.
Thank you.

@BittyMonkey, these are so lovely that now I want an Iride...I didn't fully appreciate this little bag. It's so functional! It's like the look of a Luna combined with a Phoebe with a cool closure...looking forward to more pics.
Here's the thing - it isn't that small. In fact, it's a pretty big clutch if you use it that way. It doesn't really fit in the hand that nicely, so I would need to hold it under the arm if I were holding a glass or something. Luckily the chain is long enough to put over my shoulder, but most people could probably benefit from asking for a longer chain (maybe 3 inches or so).

But it is definitely a classy bag and the closest thing MM has to an evening bag that I know of.

My black metallic Iride with marine lining came, along with my arctic nappa little Muse with pink lining from the promo! The Muse true color is closer to the one with the inside shot. The evening light is making it too dark. The metallic black doesn't seem very metallic but I'll have to revisit tomorrow in better daylight.

View attachment 4656553 View attachment 4656554 View attachment 4656555 View attachment 4656556
Your Iride is gorgeous! I would be curious to see it in daylight, to see how the metallic shimmers....great choice for an evening bag :biggrin: Love your little Muse too! I have 2 and they are super cute. I really love the artic blue you chose...a great color for it :flowers:

I'm on my phone right now so I can't write a full review, but I have to say that I am actually speechlessly gobsmacked by my new MM bags, and that was never a word I thought I could use to describe a handbag. I will share more thoughts tomorrow but I am SO excited to share!

Here are a couple of teaser photos... Juliet Midi in Laminato Eggplant Metallic and Victoria Midi in Amethyst Verona.

Oohhh these peek pix are gorgeoys! Looking foward to the full reveal :biggrin:

I have a Minerva Midi bag in the Granite Grey Tuscania and I have no problem with its leather. It does not feel dry and feels smooth to touch, seems like it is conditioned as Marco's usual leather. Maybe with some of the other colors are a bit more dry due to the coloring process?
I find Tuscania to be very light and hard wearing. It is a bit like Merinos in that aspect. I would recommend this leather. Of course it is better to ask Marco if a certain design does not suit using Tuscania. I always ask him when trying out a new leather.
Thank you. It is incredibly light, even in this Demetra which has a LOT of leather, lol. I love the look of the leather.

I didn’t know that a water bottle holder as a modification was an option. This is so clever!

Did that start with me? If so, she’s really travelled!

Yes! I think it was yours. Sisterhood of the Traveling Penelope !

@djfmn, the leather is definitely hardy but also super dry -- I had read about that in several other posts. I lost count of how many conditioning treatments I gave the bag. I used both Bick4 (my go-to for thinner, delicate leathers) and then switched to Leather Honey (my go-to for thicker or drier leathers). It's been very cold and dry where I live so I noticed after taking it out on my dog walking expeditions that the leather got thirsty. It's a lovely leather, though, veiny and flexible, with a nice shine. I'm definitely feeling the Penny Messenger love and thinking of ordering another one.

@christinemliu, a dark blue Flor penny? That will be lovely. Can't wait to see it.

I finally got my MM box today... I am so excited! I haven't gotten a chance to peek at my two bags, but I did pull out my MM card holder. This is the first item I have using Marco's pebbled leather. I didn't think it would be anything special but I was SO impressed as soon as I pulled it out of the bag - the leather is thick and chewy and substantial, and has such a lovely purple hue to it. The hardware feels great in hand. I requested marine lining, and I LOVE how this color looks against the purple!

I asked for a number of modifications, including an ID window and an extra clip on the side. I'm still searching for a holy grail compact wallet, but this will be great in my medium-sized bags when I don't need/want a wallet but still want easy access to my cards and such, that I can toss into a clutch or another bag in a pinch without fussing over my cards and what I can/should bring.

It is almost long enough for US bills, even, but they didn't quite fit so I did end up folding them. The zip pocket holds quite a lot without the card holder feeling too "full" or misshapen - I have three credit cards, two loyalty cards, a few business cards, my car insurance card and a couple of folded bills. I filled the actual card slots and while it's taking some stretching/wrestling to get the cards in, it does feel like this is partially newness and the leather should ease up over time.

Overall it feels super sturdy, much more so than my old Fossil card holder that this is replacing. Very happy with how it turned out!

View attachment 4656359 View attachment 4656360 View attachment 4656361
I like your modification of the ID window. might have to copy that idea down the road. Lovely color.

Reactions: christinemliu

I may have just fainted from purple loveliness. :drool:

My black metallic Iride with marine lining came, along with my arctic nappa little Muse with pink lining from the promo! The Muse true color is closer to the one with the inside shot. The evening light is making it too dark. The metallic black doesn't seem very metallic but I'll have to revisit tomorrow in better daylight.

View attachment 4656553 View attachment 4656554 View attachment 4656555 View attachment 4656556
Beautiful! that Iride is pure class with that metallic black. Great choices.

Reactions: djfmn and jbags07
Your Iride is gorgeous! I would be curious to see it in daylight, to see how the metallic shimmers....great choice for an evening bag :biggrin: Love your little Muse too! I have 2 and they are super cute. I really love the artic blue you chose...a great color for it :flowers:
Thanks! I think she is super cute.
Not sure I will be able to post more pics today as I have to go to the gym and then the dentist, but tomorrow for sure.

Reactions: jbags07
I am so excited to reveal my Juliet Midi - fashioned out of Eggplant Laminato Metallic leather with Dark Cherry Nappa leather accents, I gasped when I pulled this beauty out of the MM dustbag. Even in poor indoor lighting at night, this metallic leather is absolutely stunning - it shines wherever light hits it and the color is so purple. The purple is my holy grail purple - saturated, with slightly more red than blue tones (though the metallic and the Dark Cherry Nappa accents appear to give it more red undertones). Marco suggested gold lining - I was skeptical at first but it's a glorious eye-popping contrast to the metallic bag, and quite beautiful against both the Eggplant Laminato and the Dark Cherry Nappa.

The Juliet Midi is very soft and pliable and fits SO Much more than expected, due to the bauletto shape. While the opening may be slightly problematic when the bag is fully stuffed/filled, because of the pliable leather it's easy to pull the opening apart to see the inside. The hardware is weighty as I've come to expect, but the zipper works very smoothly, though a one-handed zip all the way to the edges likely isn't possible. However, if both zippers are at the top near the middle, it seems to consistently pull to the top edge with one hand. I definitely like that this has two zippers and not one - it gives it a little more versatility.

I did not request any modifications to the bag's structure itself, aside from additional backing, but the Dark Cherry accents are a beautiful complement to the metallic leather. Some of you might recall that I was considering the Purple Nappa vs the Dark Cherry, and it is unexpected for me to say this (being a huge purple lover) but the Dark Cherry was the way to go. It has a very similar coloring to the metallic purple but on closer inspection it provides a nice textural contrast. The Nappa, Marco tells me, should also be a little more durable than the metallic, which will offer more longevity to the most-touched areas on the bag (the underside of the crossbody strap and the handles).

For those curious - the outside zip pocket does fit a smartphone if you have a small enough smartphone. I use a Google Pixel 3 with a Moment case, which is average sized (neither very bulky nor very slim). It doesn't slide in easily (i.e. I couldn't simply drop or shove it in like I could an exterior slip pocket), but if you angle the phone in it does fit comfortably in the exterior zip pocket. I was able to pull it in and out easily once I figured out the angle it needed to go in.

And now what you've been waiting for - pictures! The first four are indoor lighting, everything else is indoor with natural indirect morning light.

Attachments

• Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - Indoor 00.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - Indoor 00.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - Indoor 01.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - Indoor 01.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - Indoor 02.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - Indoor 02.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - Indoor 03.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - Indoor 03.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 01a.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 01a.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 01b.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 01b.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 02a.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 02a.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 115
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 02b.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 02b.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 04.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 04.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 02c.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 02c.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 05.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 05.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 06.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday 06.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
And here are some mod shots (please excuse the sockless/shoeless feet!) and a quick shot of the insides filled up. As a note, I typically do not use bag organizers, but I had this one from yesterday's tote and literally pulled it out and stuffed it into the Juliet Midi. I was able to fit a small water bottle (12 oz.) inside next to the organizer. I also took a comparison shot of the one that fits (with the bamboo cap, on the right) with other water bottles, such as the S'well Traveler Mug (16 oz.) and bkr little bottle (500 mL).

I believe I have a 3" handle drop, but I haven't measured it yet. I'll try to take another picture with measuring tape later today. With a 3" handle drop I was able to fit it comfortably on my wrist, but doubt I would be able to do so with a thick jacket. I do not think this handle drop would allow for elbow carry.

Attachments

• Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday mod 01.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday mod 01.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday mod 02.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday mod 02.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday mod 03.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - AMday mod 03.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - WIMB 01.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - WIMB 01.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - WIMB bottles.jpg
    Juliet Midi - Laminato Eggplant Metallic plus Dark Cherry Nappa, gold hw - WIMB bottles.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 117