Massaccesi Handbags

My one and only MM bag is a dark brown vachetta Daphne with a custom exterior back pocket. I ordered it last June and have been carrying it as my everyday bag since :smile: The leather is aging beautifully. This was my most expensive handbag purchase to date, so I'm getting the most out of it!

Structured satchels are my favorite type of handbag. After carrying it for this amount of time, I've found that I love the Daphne but find it just a little bit cumbersome to access the inside contents due to its height and the constricted opening on the sides (as someone else pointed out). I wish it had more built-in interior organization, like a divider. I'm definitely going to check out that bag shaper Etsy shop!

I've been eying the Angelica, but I prefer a top zip over the whole bag for security. I've debated ordering one with a top zip added, but I'm not sure if the recessed zipper would annoy me. I also though it would be interesting to have an additional zippered compartment on the side of the included central one, but leaving one side open... reminiscent of the Coach Borough from a few seasons ago.

I always thought MM stood for Marco Massaccesi, meaning any massaccesi bag. But luv refers to midi minerva as mm and now I wonder if I'm the only one using the acronym for any of his bags....whoops!

Good call on no back pocket, luv. It adds so much extra leather, which is a big price to pay in vachetta in weight.

Oh and luv about the midi selene holding its shape in vachetta, I was told nappa and verona can be given stiffer backing to achieve a similar effect. I am waiting for a chocolate verona midi selene with extra backing right now and expect it to stand up and hold its shape almost as well as my vachetta one does, but I'm not terribly worried about it because I have a custom ordered bag shaper organizer in exactly the same marine color as the lining i usually get.
Just since we were on that topic I thought I would chime in on my thoughts on the loveliness of midi selene standing up and holding its shape in vachetta and the solutions I've come to about being able to branch out to at least two styles of lighter weight leather and get the same effect. If there was a medium beige nappa I would go for that next. But with my awesome bag shaper from etsy I might even go for one in the floppiest leathers like merinos or tuscania and not worry about it. I've put my bag shaper into bags that are as floppy as an empty pillowcase and they stand up perfectly. I'm in love with my midi selene sized bag shaper! Wish it fit into my midi angel without getting crushed, but it goes beautifully into my Arianna and midi divina as well although those bags don't really need a shaper. But nice for organization.
It was $38 on etsy, I think the name of the store is senoma bag shapers or something,

What size shaper did you get that works in the selene midi? I found them on etsy.. Just wondered which one. I never even considred a return of a custom bag
either...

I always thought MM stood for Marco Massaccesi, meaning any massaccesi bag. But luv refers to midi minerva as mm and now I wonder if I'm the only one using the acronym for any of his bags....whoops!

Good call on no back pocket, luv. It adds so much extra leather, which is a big price to pay in vachetta in weight.

I'm just being lazy so I don't have to type out Midi Minerva all the time...

My one and only MM bag is a dark brown vachetta Daphne with a custom exterior back pocket. I ordered it last June and have been carrying it as my everyday bag since :smile: The leather is aging beautifully. This was my most expensive handbag purchase to date, so I'm getting the most out of it!

Structured satchels are my favorite type of handbag. After carrying it for this amount of time, I've found that I love the Daphne but find it just a little bit cumbersome to access the inside contents due to its height and the constricted opening on the sides (as someone else pointed out). I wish it had more built-in interior organization, like a divider. I'm definitely going to check out that bag shaper Etsy shop!

I've been eying the Angelica, but I prefer a top zip over the whole bag for security. I've debated ordering one with a top zip added, but I'm not sure if the recessed zipper would annoy me. I also though it would be interesting to have an additional zippered compartment on the side of the included central one, but leaving one side open... reminiscent of the Coach Borough from a few seasons ago.
I would love to see a picture of your Daphne.

Nope....MM is short for Massaccesi....Colette called the midi minerva Minnie and that is what I call it too.

Reactions: bonniekir

I would love love love to see a picture of your lovely bag now after being carried so long! I adore well broken in bag pictures!

I got the regular Midi Selene (no exterior zips), silver hw and dark gray interior. Vachetta bags are expensive enough and heavy enough on their own, so I generally don't do too much customization/additions, etc. I will be really excited to receive this one and am glad to get the River Vachetta while still available.

Will be beautiful!!!

PSA ladies...Colette advised me today that MM is no longer accepting returns due to the custom nature of the bags. Exchanges only. New terms posted on the web site. I tried to post a link but couldn't get it to work. See the web site for details. Return info is in legal section. I'm glad they're proactively telling folks when orders are placed. I appreciate the notification when a policy changes. Great customer service.

BTW, ended up ordering a River Midi Selene! Merinos Midi Minerva will have to wait.

Thanks for passing it on, though it would never cross my mind either. I love how Colette and Marco both want to be sure to explain any ploicy changes with their customers!

Reactions: bonniekir