Masking tape sewn into my new Siena pm!!!

I'm glad your issues had been resolved with an replacement. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
That masking tape sewn in isn't normal. I feel sorry for the factory workers, must be hard to pay attention to details on a fast manner to make a certain amount in a hour/day. They need better quality control inspectors. LOL

So I took the masking tape bag back to the boutique. My SA was wonderful, as always, and very apologetic. I chose another Siena pm just like the other one. Both I and my SA went over this one with a fine-toothed comb. This one was MIU like the other one, but it looks great.

Too bad I didn't ask for macaroons and champagne :shucks: but I did get a drawstring dustbag out of the whole affair.

Incidentally, none of the SAs at the boutique had ever heard of this happening. Chalk this one up to experience - I'll always go over every square inch of all future purchases. Thanks everyone for your comments :smile:

I had never heard of anything like this either. This is a great story though!

I had never heard of anything like this either. This is a great story though!
Hopefully this one was a one-off that never happens to a one else.

On the plus side, my replacement Siena performed admirally this weekend when I took a short trip to New England. It was snowing and I'm glad I got the Siena. When I went to replace the first bag, I flirted with getting the Turenne - so beautiful - but I'm glad I didn't since it was snowing heavily when we took off this morning.

So I took the masking tape bag back to the boutique. My SA was wonderful, as always, and very apologetic. I chose another Siena pm just like the other one. Both I and my SA went over this one with a fine-toothed comb. This one was MIU like the other one, but it looks great.

Too bad I didn't ask for macaroons and champagne :shucks: but I did get a drawstring dustbag out of the whole affair.

Incidentally, none of the SAs at the boutique had ever heard of this happening. Chalk this one up to experience - I'll always go over every square inch of all future purchases. Thanks everyone for your comments :smile:
"The masking tape bag" cracks me up! So unfortunate. I'm so happy you got a replacement. The Siena is a gorgeous bag! Enjoy!

"The masking tape bag" cracks me up! So unfortunate. I'm so happy you got a replacement. The Siena is a gorgeous bag! Enjoy!
Thank you. I think the SAs were a little embarrassed, and puzzled as to how it could have happened. They'd never seen such a thing before. They replaced it immediately of course. I almost switched to the Turenne pm, but I'm glad I didn't because it was raining and snowing in NE over the weekend. The DE was perfect for the weather.

I thought these bags were made by a skilled artisan in a remote European village, what happened? are they made in a factory line by regular folk? oh no! The fantasy is shattering! :nogood:

It's not like it used to be.. I think they do have a line of workers now. I think the really skilled old school ones are mixed in there, but I also do think they hired a lot of newcomers to meet the demand. I talked to a manager today who admitted that the artesians have the most pressure, as the top of the chain put pressure on them to make bags fast to meet the demand. It's not just LV. It's Chanel too. And Longchamp doesn't even make their bags in France anymore. So sad. I don't know what the criteria is to be hired as an artisan for LV, but I don't think they take too much time like before to test them. Sad sad sad....it's the way of the world.

I'm glad everything worked out for you! It is a little, disenchanting that you also have to inspect the quality so carefully when you go into the boutique to treat yourself. I always feel more relaxed when I purchase in the boutique because I don't have to worry about authenticity. I'll definitely inspect with more attention next time. Enjoy your beautiful bag! :happydance