Mask mandate expires for US flights!

ok, if it was theater, how come health professionals do wear masks in hospitals?
I think that now that we have a better handle on the virus, it makes sense to make mask wearing optional but let’s not minimize the effectiveness of masks either.
I will masks on airplane and public transportation because I notice that I have not suffered from allergies or got a cold since the whole affair.
Do not breath on me por favor:lol:
I think @Mrs.Z was more stating the fact that most people are always taking masks off/on touching things..eating, drinking etc. Masks aren't going to be effective like that. I see people saying "doctors in operating rooms wear masks..so obv they are effective" Well, you don't see may docs stopping a surgery for a coffee and a snack..touching surfaces and then wiping their mouths..let alone a bathroom break :lol:

Hmm, my posts on masks work, aerosol experts are still wearing masks, and equating covid break to fart, were deleted because it's off topic and toes political line? Umm, what are you supposed to discuss here?!

Well I'll just leave this here: While infection is a biological/medical phenomenon, an epidemic is a social one. Because infections depend on people's behaviour. Only in America masks are political. Kasihan.

I will continue to mask. Against everything that has happened over the last two years, it has been a minuscule burden. We still don't know the long-term effects of even mild covid cases on healthy people (early onset dementia or newly chronic conditions like brain fog or heart problems). And as others have mentioned, I don't want to endanger my immunocompromised or otherwise vulnerable neighbors.

Thank you I appreciate that wish there were more like you

Let's think about "masks" for a moment. We've all seen many masks that simply pass the criteria of "wearing a a mask" that you know are completely worthless in terms of decreasing germs in either direction. I'd hope anyone who wishes to continue wearing a mask is actually wearing a mask that is manufactured to dramatically decrease the spread of germs/viruses. I was always surprised to see a "mask mandate" in the past that didn't define the quality of the mask. Because that always defeated and will continue to defeat the entire purpose.

Absolutely yes and I will continue to triple mask with those top grade masks and avoid people whose idea of a mask is a bit of fabric with their big dirty nose hanging out under it as if a mask is just designed to cover their mouth

• Wow
Reactions: RT1
I think @Mrs.Z was more stating the fact that most people are always taking masks off/on touching things..eating, drinking etc. Masks aren't going to be effective like that. I see people saying "doctors in operating rooms wear masks..so obv they are effective" Well, you don't see may docs stopping a surgery for a coffee and a snack..touching surfaces and then wiping their mouths..let alone a bathroom break :lol:
A major reason Doctors wear masks in surgery to due to fluid spray and splatter

Reactions: peachylv
I’ll be flying to LA for a work trip soon and I’ll continue to wear a mask at the airport and on the plane. It’s my understanding that airlines can set their own mask rules for their employees and guests even though the federal mandate is no longer in effect. I didn’t wear a mask during my last two grocery shopping trips but continue to carry masks just in case I feel one is necessary. I would wear one indoors if the air felt stuffy or the place was packed with people.

Boom! The CDC has requested the Dept. of Justice to appeal the ruling the lifted the mask mandate. From cnbc:

PUBLISHED WED, APR 20 2022 6:02 PM EDT
UPDATED 1 MIN AGO
Amanda Macias
@AMANDA_M_MACIAS

CDC asks Justice Department to appeal ruling that lifted travel mask mandate

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday that it requested the Justice Department to proceed with an appeal of a ruling that lifted a travel mask mandate.

"CDC believes this is a lawful order, well within CDC's legal authority to protect public health. CDC continues to recommend that people wear masks in all indoor public transportation settings," the agency wrote in a statement adding that it will continue to monitor public health conditions to "determine whether such an order remains necessary."
The Department of Justice said in a statement that it filed a notice of appeal in the case involving Health Freedom Defense Fund, Inc., et al., versus *****, et al.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle ruled in that case that the travel mask mandate was unlawful. The CDC's mask mandate was enacted in February 2021 and recently extended to May 3.

The new appeal is largely expected to have no immediate effect given that the Justice Department has not yet made an attempt to block Mizelle's order. The appeal process is slated to unfold over a number of months.

On the heels of Mizelle's decision, the White House said the Transportation Security Administration will not enforce the rule on public transport while the ruling is reviewed.

Some transportation companies, such as the airlines United and Delta and the railroad operator Amtrak, were quick to announce Monday evening that wearing masks was now optional for passengers and employees using their travel services.

Reactions: Winiebean and limom
Boom! The CDC has requested the Dept. of Justice to appeal the ruling the lifted the mask mandate. From cnbc:

PUBLISHED WED, APR 20 2022 6:02 PM EDT
UPDATED 1 MIN AGO
Amanda Macias
@AMANDA_M_MACIAS

CDC asks Justice Department to appeal ruling that lifted travel mask mandate

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday that it requested the Justice Department to proceed with an appeal of a ruling that lifted a travel mask mandate.

"CDC believes this is a lawful order, well within CDC's legal authority to protect public health. CDC continues to recommend that people wear masks in all indoor public transportation settings," the agency wrote in a statement adding that it will continue to monitor public health conditions to "determine whether such an order remains necessary."
The Department of Justice said in a statement that it filed a notice of appeal in the case involving Health Freedom Defense Fund, Inc., et al., versus *****, et al.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle ruled in that case that the travel mask mandate was unlawful. The CDC's mask mandate was enacted in February 2021 and recently extended to May 3.

The new appeal is largely expected to have no immediate effect given that the Justice Department has not yet made an attempt to block Mizelle's order. The appeal process is slated to unfold over a number of months.

On the heels of Mizelle's decision, the White House said the Transportation Security Administration will not enforce the rule on public transport while the ruling is reviewed.

Some transportation companies, such as the airlines United and Delta and the railroad operator Amtrak, were quick to announce Monday evening that wearing masks was now optional for passengers and employees using their travel services.
Oh the flip flopping is tiresome at this point. What a mess. :lol:

Thank you for the visuals.:coolio:
Surgeons/nurses scrub their hands before entering the OR.
So where are those gross people operating?

As someone who can’t wear a mask due to health issues, I’m thankful for this.
It gives me hope that the discriminatory policies are coming to an end across the board, and I won’t have to deal with being denied services or being bullied or harassed for something I can’t control if I choose to fly.

Last edited: