Mask mandate expires for US flights!

Americans really need to learn to stop sharing spoons.
I’m not sure what sharing spoons has to do with it (maybe inside joke I’m missing?)

but to me this is the main point:
B7071109-DC69-447F-9DDB-53C507558105.jpeg2296AB1F-BAA0-40FB-B0FC-00D87ECAF3FC.jpeg“increased covid case rates contributing to higher-than-planned unscheduled absences in some work groups”.

honestly wearing the right type of mask, shouldn’t be that huge of an ordeal.

if you can’t wear mask because of health issues, not to discriminate but I can’t imagine what would happen if you catch covid, is that a better alternative then wearing a mask?

Last time I flew (in Canada where masks are still mandatory on planes) 2 of 4 of my flights were delayed due to staffing shortage. So many employees were laid off..and didn't come back. I don't blame masking for staff shortages, I blame the companies for not hiring enough staff. From security screening to check in desk. They are all working short handed.

There are definitely a variety of factors but according to Delta COVID is one of them…

"More than any time in our history, the various factors currently impacting our operation — weather and air traffic control, vendor staffing, increased COVID case rates contributing to higher-than-planned unscheduled absences in some work groups — are resulting in an operation that isn't consistently up to the standards Delta has set for the industry in recent years," said Delta's Chief Customer Experience Officer Allison Ausband in a post.

Didn't the airlines overbooked passengers once mandates started to loosen? Unless I'm missing something didn't the CEO's of some of these same airlines write letters to have the mask mandates dropped? What did the CEO's think what was going to happen with worker shortage and covid numbers rising? Same pattern of canceled flights around the major winter holidays. Corporate greed at the expense of employees health and this is exactly what will happen.

Last edited:
1655838375278.png

Hmmm, outbreaks in 85 out of 93 cruise ships. Could it be.. more sharing of spoons? Couldn't be anything air-related - unlike in airplane, in ships people don't sit 5cm apart, windows could be opened, and they don't share air. Very mysterious.

Just want to say an enormous THANK YOU to everyone who will continue to wear a mask ~ not only for people like me who have been sick with Long Covid for over a year but because we still don’t know who will come down with Long Covid and who won’t, and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Life has gotten even more complicated for me since masks were de-mandated. I wasn’t going out a lot anyway but now, I have to factor in the risk of having zero protection from others who may be ill.

Wearing a mask is a compassionate, and imo, tasteful way to continue to navigate this global health crisis.

I'm still masking when in a grocery store or, for instance, Target.

My next door neighbors just got over having Covid, both husband & wife, and I thought "sheesh, this is July 2022 and it's still happening!" so a mask for me works. And I got my second booster Saturday, arm isn't aching anymore today--yay!