Martin Margiela for Hermès (1997–2003)

Hi. What a great thread. I've been trying to hunt down some Margiela Hermes items. I'm a bit confused about the correct label. What does the Marginal label have on it that is different from what came after he redesigned it? I'd be grateful is someone could answer. TIA.

Hello all, hope this might be the right place for my question. Lovely thread! Im collecting the Hermes Margiela pieces and look to sell some of my collection. Any one know a good place for this? And I mean somewhere where the pieces value is appreciated for what they truly are, not eBay or Vestiere Collective. Thanks!

I know this is an old thread but for me the MM years were what a luxury brand should be about,
beautiful timeless elegance with a twist beautiful fabrics nothing too 'messed around with.
Pure,Sublime.
I also do like some of the JPG pieces too really strong!
Funnily enough my ultimate Holy Grail Hermes bags are all from the eras of MM and JPG
The Jypsiere, The JPG Birkin, the Initiale.and finally...The bag I'd buy if I won the lottery..The Shadow Birkin :heart::heart::heart::heart: even writing the words 'shadow birkin' makes me salivate!!!
Out of interest did MM design the Massai? as thats another bag I rather love
Also I believe that MM designed the double tour strap for the Cape Cod (correct me if Im mistaken) and the Hapi-another two H items I adore.
I actually haven't felt the love for any of the other more recent H designers if I'm honest (bar some scarves) and I find the RTW frankly rather dull.
reading this thread has stirred up my passion for those eras and let us not forget how the designs haven't dated in the intervening years.
Now I'm off to obsess over the Shadow Birkin ....and next week I'm off to stock up on lotto tickets!