Martha

Frederikke

Sep 5, 2010
For about 1 ½ years ago I bought a Bayswater in chocolate and I love it. On the other hand, I also discovered that I need a bag that is slightly smaller and can be worn crossbody. I've been offered to buy a Martha, but I am in doubt and worry that I quickly will get tired by the designed.

What experience do you have in relation to Martha, for and against.

Thank you in advance for your help :smile:

F.

For about 1 ½ years ago I bought a Bayswater in chocolate and I love it. On the other hand, I also discovered that I need a bag that is slightly smaller and can be worn crossbody. I've been offered to buy a Martha, but I am in doubt and worry that I quickly will get tired by the designed.

F.
I have a Martha and I used it exclusively when I went on a 2 week trip to Italy/Germany in 2007.

If you scroll down you will see it here: http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry-reference-library/photo-reference-thread-pics-only-219503.html

I believe the Martha has been discontinued by Mulberry but if you find them in the secondary market it is a good daily use cross body bag.

The good: very roomy inside, the darwin leather very very hardy wearing, detachable canvas strap that I use with my Roxanne
The bad: no organizational pockets inside, it has one zipped pocket and that's it (common in Mulberry bags I think)

Story: Martha got absolutely soaked and rained on in Italy. It made a big unsolvable water mark on the flap so I didn't use it for a time. BUT later on I figured heck, what's the worse that will happen if I soak it all in water? So I did, hosed it down, left it in a bucket of water, dried it in the sun for awhile.. and guess what? it now looks like just a well patina'd leather!!!

Depends on how much you are being asked for the Martha I would get it if it's a good deal.

I have the same ... beautiful bag!!

My advice:

I would try and find a Bayswater satchel instead ?? If you like the design of the Bays it's a perfect smaller bag :smile:

Another option is the Alexa bag, it's more casual (for everydayuse).. The medium size if you can come to terms with the "floppyness" / the way it falls together..

I'm sorry but I'm not really into the Marta

Happy hunt ;)

F.

I bought my chocolate Martha preloved about five or six years ago and she's lived and died with me since. Tropical rain storms, blizzards, messy music festivals, two kids, cats, dogs..... She still looks like she day I got her. Still smells scrumptious too. I love mine, and would wholeheartedly recommend as a good all-round cross body satchel.

I have no experience with Martha and just perked at Plain Jane's - I really like it as an everyday casual bag and would look great with jeans as well as dresses and skirts. The shoulder strap looks comfortably wide enough for wearing cross body without it digging in.

Thanks for your replies.
I think that the bag has the right size for me, but I have decided that I have to see it live to be sure.

:smile:
F.

That's a good idea. Personally I think the Martha is a great worry-free bag that doesn't take much looking after and suits the vintage style that's so fashionable at the moment, but it's definitely not an instantly recognisable Mulberry.