marshalls vs. marshall's field

itzme

O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
this may be a dumb question, but is there a difference between the two? a couple of years back my friend brought me to one of them, i forgot which one and it looked more like a dumpster to me. They patched up the holes in their defected jeans with their own tacky pink iron-on flowers. :rolleyes:

marshall's = discount store similar to Ross and TJ Maxx.

marshall's field = dpt.store similar to macy*s, dillard's. actually marshall's field was taken over by Federated so all Marshall's Field have become macy*s

I agree that a lot of the Marshalls do have crap but some stores are better then others. Where I live there's one that has better shoes/bags and then one that has better jeans/clothes. Each store gets different stuff....basically hit or miss. You just have to dig a little harder then you would at a dept store.:yes:

that's marshall's

Marshall Field's is a department store that imho is better than the likes of Macy's and the SAs are polite, but that may because it's situated in the midwest

I am so sad that the Marshall Field's stores have changed to Macy's, though the selection doesn't seem to have changed much yet.

Marshall's, despite the similar name, is not related to Marshall Field's. In fact, I believe it is owned by the same group that runs TJ Maxx. It is the store that might well look like a dumpster but where you may occasionally find good deals. Like others have said, it really depends on the store. There are three Marshall's in my area - one is worthless, the other tends to have nicer shoe finds and the other has an occasional handbag or piece of clothing that is worthwhile. But all of them take a lot of searching to find anything!

oh whoops! we dont have that here in the west coast so I had no idea what the correct spelling is

i know! at another forum this guy was talking about D&G at marshalls and he didn't elaborate which one...i didn't even know there's a marshall that was high end!

to me marshall is like tj maxx or something b/c we don't have that version here.

though i hear that with federated snapping up dept stores they're merging them and making them into macys'? maybe that would end my confusion. lol.

though i hear that with federated snapping up dept stores they're merging them and making them into macys'? maybe that would end my confusion. lol.

Yes, technically any confusion should be over because, to my knowledge, there are no Marshall Field's department stores left. They have all been changed to Macy's. People used to shopping those stores when they were Marshall Field's often still call them that, but their signs all say Macy's.