Marshall's & TJMaxx - What Treasures Have you Found?

They don't really have anything good at my TJ Maxx...since there aren't many places that sell designer stuff in the first place in this area, nothing trickles down to the lower priced stores.

I did find a cute Coach bag once, but it had real rabbit fur trim on it and there's no way i'm carrying around a dead bunny. :crybaby:

I got the Dooney cosmetic bag I mentioned in this thread. I also found cashmere sweaters in a rainbow of colors for $39. I bought a hunter green one. I also got a $250 MICHAEL Michael Kors down coat for $69.

I haven't been there in a while, but they always seem to have a large selection of premium denim. Since I don't buy/wear jeans that often (and couldn't wear those brands anyhow!), I never look at them. The last time I was there they had these absolutely gorgeous Marc Jacobs (white label) jackets - very similar to Chanel. The original prices were $2400+ and TJ's price was $600+ I was so tempted to put one on lay-away, but I didn't really have the money at the time. They also had D&G, Badgley Mishka (sp?), Ellie Tahari (lots of that!), Versace and Armani. I bought a cute Miu Miu windbreaker style jacket for $150 (orig price was not attached, but I found a similar one on NAP for $750) but ended up returning it.

The last time I was there, I didn't see too many bags that were that impressive - prior to that, however, they did have an IF, Linea Pelle and the Celine bag I described earlier. I was really surprised that Countryside had a much better selection than the State Street store. I thought for sure it would be the other way around, but anytime I've been at the State St store, there's never been anything very good.

They did just open a Lohman's on State Street. I stopped in there very quickly last weekend on my lunchbreak - not too many bags to choose from (at least ones that interest me), but they had some really cute Juicy things. I just found a $20 d/c coupon in Dec/Jan issue of Style Watch, so I think I might go back & see if they still have this jacket I was looking at.

OK, this may be the wrong thing to post or the wrong place to post it...but if anyone in the Dallas area spots an Andrew Marc Faith Hobo at TJMaxx, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, Nieman Last Call, or Off 5th would you PM me so I can grab it?

I passed on a deal on an Ava on ebay last week and I'm kicking myself.

1000 thanks.

Oh, and I can't even begin to list all the awesome stuff I pick up at those stores...I live in Dallas and it seems there is an endless circuit of stores like these. I make a giant loop through all my favs about once every two weeks. It's killing my checkbook - but with tpf to inform and inspire me on what's what...I'm loving it!

thanks all!

OK, this may be the wrong thing to post or the wrong place to post it...but if anyone in the Dallas area spots an Andrew Marc Faith Hobo at TJMaxx, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, Nieman Last Call, or Off 5th would you PM me so I can grab it?

I passed on a deal on an Ava on ebay last week and I'm kicking myself.

1000 thanks.

I've actually seen the Faith Hobo at both Marshall's and TJMaxx (Chicago) - Marshall's had the suede version in rust (I put it on layway & then cancelled it) - TJMaxx had the all leather version in a camel color (I was going to put it on layway & then changed my mind - the shoulder strap drop wasn't long enough for me).

I saw the suede one back in early September - the leather one in October. Maybe you could call a few stores & ask them to check?

I usually buy designer bags for lower prices at Off Fifth. I hadn't been in a TJ MAxx or Marshalls for years, although I found my very first leather Coach bag in a Marshall's years ago!

I went into a TJ Maxx right before the holidays and was pretty excited! I found the following three bags. The blue one my neighbor bought. I don't normally like B.Malkowsky but the leather on this bag was to die for! I bought the Via Spiga bags cause I wanted a black bag to leave in the car in case it rained and I had a Chanel with me or something! All three of these bags were only $129!

I also saw some Tignanello's which sell for full price at Macy's. They were only $79 at both stores. The style of these reminded me of the Kooba Sienna's. All in all, I think you can find some beautiful bags at TJ Maxx and Marshall's! The thrill is in the "hunt"!!

Attachments

• bmal1.jpg
    bmal1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,462
  • via_spiga1.jpg
    via_spiga1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 445
  • via_spiga2.jpg
    via_spiga2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 467
  • tig_brass.jpg
    tig_brass.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 323
  • tig_silver.jpg
    tig_silver.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 339
I found a great Coach leather bag...very worn in but I love it....for 50 cents!!! Yep...at the Volunteers of America! I have also found a ton of Dutch/German brand children's shoes...a St. Johns Knit and a Burberry Rain Coat...same store!

I have never seen any upscale brands at my local TJ Maxx. There is never anything worthwhile. It's disappointing, because I have read about all the great finds and I have looked. Nothing.