Marron! Reddish Brown or Purple Brown!?

1. I've suddenly swooned over the Marron color, and I tried to get as many pictures of possible. I've seen some where it looks like a deep BROWN color with some red undertones. Then I've also seen some where its a purplish brown.

Any help to the true color of Marron would be great, since i'm debating a purchase right now!

Edit: Also was wondering are there any other similar colors out there, I'm looking for a deep brown with maybe some red undertones...but nothing too bright.

2. It's a reddish brown, that (on mine) sort of reminds me of Bordeaux in certain light, but that is not to say I think it has purplish undertones, at all.
    I think it's sort of the color of redwood. It defintely has complexity.

3. Oooh! It sounds pretty! I'll have to check this one out in person!:yes: I've been trying to sorta squint and the swatches and colors I've seen so far. It does look more of a reddish brown to me.

4. redwood is an excellent description of the 04 marron color! its a perfect brown with reddish undertones.... gorgeous!

5. GAH!!! I want a marron bag so bad I can taste it. Feck...:crybaby:

6. Did you see the weekender that lvlady99 has on eBay now? I think it is 1099.

7. that weekender looks so nice and the price is great. i am getting my twiggy from the same seller and will post pics when i get it.

8. I have a 2004 marron twiggy, and it is definitely a brownish red. Mine has no purple-ish undertones to it at all. It is brownish in some light and brownish red/burgandy in other light. (by burgandy I mean of the reddish brown family - not purple.) It is definitely one of the most versatile colors, but I personally would not compare it to the newer bordeaux's. The new bordeaux's definitely have a purple undertone to them which I relate to being a "cool" color, and the marron is a color that I would relate to as being a "warm" color. I wouldn't say that it is a bright color, but very rich with color. Does that make any sense? It is also very hard to photograph I have learned....because it is such a unique color it varies from photo to photo. Hope that helps.

9. YES I did...I need to just buy the darn thing and get it out of my system. LVLady99 is a great seller too. :girlsigh:

10. That weekender is amazing. the Marron color resembles mahoghany in its reddish undertones. I have a Marron city and it gets mega compliments when I bring it out.

11. Hi esiders,
    I'm sure this is old news already, but earlier today I saw a Marron City post on eBay...:graucho:

12. OK fess up, who here bought that Marron Weekender from lvlady and put me out of my misery?! lol :lol: esiders was that you?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice