Married Tpfers/Living with the SO: When does your make up come off?

linpaddy

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
My apologies if this has been posted previously.

I have a question for TPFers living with their SO or married.
When do you go bare face? Approximately, what's the time frame of your relationship before you decide to skip the make up?

After years of marriage, I still find myself reaching for light powder and lip gloss even when I'm home alone! I mean, DH sees me without make up at night and has seen the funniest stuff I've done to myself in the name of beauty.

But on weekends, I always try to powder my face, apply some light eyeshadow and lip gloss even if I'm just lounging around at home with him in my pjs.

And I always take two showers a day, regardless of whether it's summer or winter. I hate going to bed with the smell of the 'day' on me and DH would never catch me with a greasy morning face!

I take off my makeup when I get home from work, cause by then it's usually been 12 hours and ew! haha. I use MAC wipes and their cleanse off oil. Usually I work out at night, too, so it's gotta come off before then. When DH and I first met, I didn't wear anything other than mascara and lipgloss, so he's been patient since I started experimenting more with eyeshadows (he loves the fun colors).

i stay home so some days i'm make up free except gloss. don't really think my hubby notices or cares. when i worked, i'd wash my face when i came home. same thing, it had been on my face 10+ hours and i couldn't wait to wash my face.

I've been married 20 years but from the very beginning the makeup came off if I was at home. I don't wear a whole lot and also I don't look that much different because I have black hair so look like I'm wearing mascara all the time anyway.

i stay home so some days i'm make up free except gloss. don't really think my hubby notices or cares. when i worked, i'd wash my face when i came home. same thing, it had been on my face 10+ hours and i couldn't wait to wash my face.

Ditto! Except for in my situation I work and on my days off I many times don't put makeup on at all.

Depends on the day... it comes off when we get back home from dinner (we eat out a lot). Or if we're lounging around on the weekend.. and have come back from running errands & were not going out again.. it gets washed off immediately. ;)

have been living with my fiance for two years, been together for 4. I take my makeup off as soon as I am in from work, but he says he prefers me without makeup anyway!!I am 23, so I dont know how much longer this will last, he will prob be paying for my makeup habit soon so that I am presentable!!!:lol:

I also always wear a little makeup all the time, even if I am just lounging at home. Only time I go without it is if I am at home alone.

When I got together w/ my hubby, makeup was sort of off-limits at work, so he saw me without out it from day 1. Now that I wear make-up to work, it still comes off within thirty minutes of my getting home. I almost never touch the stuff on weekends.

i dont really wear make up a lot..just sometimes...i did wear it when we first began dating ,when we went on our dates, but as we grew more comfortable with each other and i didn't feel like puting on makeup; i didn't.....now we live together and i only wear make up if we are going out to a club or a fancy resturant, but other than that i don't bother..he didn't fall in love with me because of my makeup and loves me just the way i am-quirks and all..

I don't live with my SO yet, but I see him everyday. My makeup comes off as soon as I get home from work, unless I'm going out again. He sees me without makeup all the time and loves it. He tells me all the time I should go without makeup because I look gorgeous no matter what.