Marni bags???

Amywilliams

Aug 20, 2006
Just waondering what everyones opinions on marni bags are, whether you consider them designer, what your experiences are with them...etc!! Not sure how famous marni is in the US, so tht would be interesting too!!
Cos i saw a lovely marni bag, so just wondered what your thoughts were, and if they are worth the money..

I LOVE Marni! Their designs are so unique but they're more under the radar than some of the other designers out there. I have one that I got on sale at ron herman and I love it. I consider them designer and they do have a high recognizability factor for people who know bags.

i love marni (bags & shoes) but alas, cannot afford to buy anything. a great place to look for discount marni is yoox.com - there are usually tons of bags on there, still expensive, but less than retail. also, marni.com (run by yoox) is good for browsing and ordering if you want to pay full price...

i am not sure what's considered 'designer' so i don't know how to answer that question :smile:

Marni is a R-T-W designer, so yes, they are most certainly designer. Not that you have to be a R-T-W designer to be considered designer, of course.

I think some of their bags are very nice; but IMHO some of them have verged on the terminally plain and/or have been a bit too homemade looking for me (even though I often like craftwork-y looking things). :blink:

I think these enormous hobos for S/S '07 look great, though:

00240f.jpg
00270f.jpg
00180f.jpg

I also like the design of these, but I'm not sure if I like them in patent leather much. I love the grey and tan combo, though:​

00010f.jpg
00030f.jpg
00500f.jpg
00510f.jpg

Marni bags are so cute and unique! I agree that some of them are too craft-project-y, although that is part of their appeal. I do think a lot of them are adorable, though and very organic in design.

I do think of them as designer, but not the typical logo-covered recognizable designer (which I love too).

I love nearly all things Marni (EVERY designer has SOME things I don't love - but nearly all). Marni is a little above my budget but her pieces are some of the first on my list of things I would buy if I won the lottery. Marni had a military coat last spring that EVERYONE seemed to be doing "inspired" versions of and I would have gladly forked over the $1,000+ for it if I had it lying around. There were also a pair of $600-ish high heeled Marni spectator shoes in Vogue's Need It Now a couple of months back that forced me to repeatedly wipe my drool off that page.

i love Marni!!!
i love the clothes, and the bags! i only have one marni bag for now :P :
marni05_3.jpg

and i'm drooling for more!!! :
marni06_04.jpg

marnifall06_1.jpg

marnifall06_3.jpg

marni05_2.jpg

i love how the bags are very "personal".
it had a homey touch and like each bag were made specially, not manufactured.
chloehandbags, all the bags u post are gorgeous :drool:

I love Marni bags as well! I bought the tobacco brown leather frame bag off NAP but cancelled my order as it doesn't really suit my lifestyle (the bag is BEAUTIFUL but a bit too formal and corporate for me). If it did I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Marni bags aren't as readily identifiable to most people, but they are to those who know what they are. I agree some of Marni's designs aren't really my style either (a little too mish mash crafty) but there are some truly lovely finds.