Marmont Owners? How's the leather holding up?

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
I'm thinking of one of the Marmont styles in the Nude color. Anyone with this color or one of the lighter ones like the pinks or yellow having trouble with color transfer or fading?
Or those of you with black, how's it working for you in general?

Reactions: xkneehighz
I'm thinking of one of the Marmont styles in the Nude color. Anyone with this color or one of the lighter ones like the pinks or yellow having trouble with color transfer or fading?
Or those of you with black, how's it working for you in general?
I have the bag in a few colors. I haven't noticed any color transfer on my nude bag, but I also make sure not to carry it while wearing darker denim. There is no fading either. The leather on all of my bags has held up, but I only carry my bags on weekends, out to dinner, etc., so they aren't heavily used per se (a few hours here and there throughout a week).

Happy member of Club Marmont here!:biggrin:
I don't own the Nude Marmont but I have a studded white flap, a black & white camera bag and a recently acquired yellow camera bag. I also have the flap bags in velvet. I bought the irresistible velvet ones first and was so happy with their looks and function that I got the leather.
After moderate use of the leather bags over a few months there are no signs of fading or colour transfer. I usually wear denim in worn black/grey/blue washes though - not indigo or dark dyed black.
It's still early days but so far so good and I don't feel that I have to baby these bags. They're light to carry, the sliding chain on the flap style is nice and sturdy (and not horribly tinselly like some gold chain straps :yucky:) and the leather seems durable. All stitching is good. I'm keeping a close eye on the oversized GG for signs of tarnishing but no problems so far.
I prefer the flap bags to the camera bag style but that's just personal preference.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another leather Marmont (if I could justify it etc, etc) :smile: