Marmont or Sylvie

Sep 11, 2016
Flash back to July last year, I fell in love with the Sylvie and still can't get it out of my mind till now. As for the marmont, I don't know if it's because everybody is talking about it and I see it everywhere, it started to grew on me recently and I've been wanting the pink mini one so bad. I think it'd be so fun to carry when spring comes. I wish I can afford both bags but... What would you choose?mini-bag.jpg Sylvie-leather-shoulder-bag.jpg

Reactions: laurie.bhatia1
I would choose the Sylvie too but in this embroidered design below, I'm not sure about size though for you (I saw Mel in Melbourne got it and fell in love) but I am always drawn towards more structured bags. I agree though that you won't go wrong with either, Gucci really had a revival recently and the prices are pretty great compared to a lot of other luxe brands.
802617_in_pp.jpg

Last edited:
While I think both bags/ styles are gorgeous, I'm more drawn to Sylvie. I prefer structured bags, and hand carry styles. I think Sylvia looks amazing dressed up or worn with denim. It could be a professional bag, but also used for dressy events or brunch, lunch, dinners out. I think it's quite versatile. That said, get the one you're most drawn to and you see yourself carrying more. They are both great bags!

I love the look of the Sylvie, but I worked at Gucci over the holidays and noticed that the ribbon design wears like you would expect, like a ribbon. So the ribbon gets fuzzy and deformed when you continually use it as a strap. I like the Marmont in the small size, the medium size you can see the sagging if you have a heavy wallet.

Reactions: the_baglover
Flash back to July last year, I fell in love with the Sylvie and still can't get it out of my mind till now. As for the marmont, I don't know if it's because everybody is talking about it and I see it everywhere, it started to grew on me recently and I've been wanting the pink mini one so bad. I think it'd be so fun to carry when spring comes. I wish I can afford both bags but... What would you choose?View attachment 3601961 View attachment 3601962
:heart:

Thank you everyone for your opinions. I've decided to go for the Sylvie. Anyone has a good Gucci SA in London or England you would recommend?
I would definitely recommend the Gucci store in Westfield’s (White City). It is never as busy as Harrods/Selfridges and the staff is super friendly. They can give you a lot of time since they aren't trying to tend to 100 customers at the same time!
Please post pictures of your purchase - would love to see :smile:
I have the Sylvie in black but am thinking of getting another...

Reactions: papertiger