Marmont Matelasse leather- how durable is it?

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
California
Hi all! I'm looking into a durable and lightweight crossbody that can dress up and down, and be good for both travel and carrying phone/wallet while I carry a larger tote for baby stuff when we have kids.

I love the look of the marmont matelasse camera bag, but have concerns as to its scratch resistance. Anyone have this bag and can give some insight?

I've considered the disco, and while it's got the more practical and scratch resistant pebble leather and all-leather strap without a chain, my mind keeps drifting to the Marmont.

Advice welcome! Thank you!

Oct 21, 2008
if you want to play it safe buy the Disco - it's tried and tested and meets all your needs.
I have both the Disco and the Marmont camera bag (mini size) and so far I'm loving the Marmont and the leather is trouble free and looks like new... but I've only had it for a couple of months, whereas I've had the Disco for a couple of years.
I'm a huge fan of the Marmont bags (I've collected a few!) but I do wonder how the hardware - more so than the leather - will hold up over time.

Reactions: goldpearl