Marmont Belt-can't decide on width

jennarlt

O.G.
Mar 27, 2008
I've been trying to decide for months on which width of belt to get. I change my mind daily, which is why I haven't ordered one yet. We have no Gucci here to try them on, so I am having the hardest time deciding.

Skinny 0.8 or the 1 inch mens with the silver buckle?!

I think I love how subtle the skinny one is, but I hate it when it rides up and you can see the button on your jeans. And is it *too* small for jeans? I plan to pretty much only wear it with jeans as I don't do belts over the dress type of looks.

I'm a US size 8 and so many of the skinny belt photos I find are of super petite women. Will it look funny on me?

Ahhhhh! Any photos or help is much appreciated :smile:

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 12.26.23 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 12.26.43 AM.png

Reactions: jimmie staton
Im also a US size 8 or 10 and I have the skinny belt in black. I love it and am thinking of getting it in brown as well! If you wear it tight enough, it will cover the button on your jeans, but if you leave it just one hole too loose, then it will show. I think the skinny belt looks best with high waisted jeans. I also wear it with shirt dresses and it’s perfect.

This is the only mod shot I could find from my phone :/

Attachments

• E306F73D-8FBF-4203-B6DD-201F8DF3BBCF.jpeg
    E306F73D-8FBF-4203-B6DD-201F8DF3BBCF.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
I was told at the boutique that the medium with silver hardware is the men’s trouser belt and the smallest and largest are the woman’s belts. I thought the largest may look too big but I love it! Try them all if possible to see which one suits you best!

I've been trying to decide for months on which width of belt to get. I change my mind daily, which is why I haven't ordered one yet. We have no Gucci here to try them on, so I am having the hardest time deciding.

I think I love how subtle the skinny one is, but I hate it when it rides up and you can see the button on your jeans. And is it *too* small for jeans? I plan to pretty much only wear it with jeans as I don't do belts over the dress type of looks.

I'm a US size 8 and so many of the skinny belt photos I find are of super petite women. Will it look funny on me?

View attachment 4399493 View attachment 4399494
The answer is in the question. You said you will pretty much only wear it with jeans and you don't like the way the skinny belt rides up and you can see the button on your jeans... If you own the belt, own the look. If it doesn't work for you, and it will work for you... send it back and get a refund. I own 5 of the large belts with the gold/brass running GG buckle, and I was concerned about how it would be received by people (people that don't know me and don't get to choose what I desire to wear on me) and came to the decision that I get to be me, and you have to be you... so I purchase the big black one with the gold/brass buckle... it changed my life, I am happy and there's no turning back. Plus, I look damn good in it !
"J!m"

View attachment 4399493 View attachment 4399494
Also, get a true fit... there are 5 holes in the belt, the belt should go into the middle hole and 2 holes should be exposed, like in the picture... the belt will stretch after a year or so of heavy use, not to worry, when the leather of the belt stretches, you can slack the waist of your jeans to compensate. I have a small waist for a man, size 28 to 30 and wear a size 90 belt.
"J!m"